HOORAY for long weekends! The only bummer is now Matt is back at work. BUT, that is a blessing too--he likes his work, he enjoys his coworkers, and a four day week is what remains ahead of him. :)
On Saturday we got up and tried to round up the kids in a reasonable amount of time to head to the outlets. We left around 10, which was only slightly behind our goal time. ;) We did not have traffic issues getting to the outlets, and the kids did great looking at books on the way, talking about various trucks we passed on the highway ;), and listening to their ever-favorite VBS music cd. :) I completely struck out looking for sandals. :( But we found almost EVERYthing Matt needed! And even better, the stores we found his shirts, pants, and shorts at were having major sales, like 40-75% off sales! So we found great stuff at great prices. I entertained the kids while Matt tried things on by walking up and down the sidewalks and letting them sit and play on the ride-on toys (we have never put money in that type of toy, so they are perfectly content just sitting and playing pretend--no expectations that they will move). :) Asa also got a treat from the Disney Store outlet--he chose a taco truck Mater! And we shared a little bag of M&M's on our way out. We stopped at Chickfila for a (very) late lunch. Asa kept saying, "I LOVE eating IN the restaurant!" Can you tell we don't usually eat out/in restaurants? ;) To be fair, that's more due to AR's age/stage of constantly being "busy" than due to Asa. Also, neither of them eat well at restaurants because they are too busy people-watching. Somehow Anna Reaghan stayed awake the whole way home (an hour past nap time!), but she crashed as soon as we got home and I put her in bed. Asa, on the other hand, managed to play and keep himself awake in bed all through rest time. He was *exhausted* at bed time. But we made it!
On Sunday, Asa was surprisingly even-keeled considering how tired he was. He was so sweet. :) We did leave Mom & Dad's after church a little earlier than usual to get the kids home for naps--they were still extra tired. Matt weeded and mowed, we wandered around the yard,and we just had a nice, relaxing evening. I threw together a salad of lettuce, broccoli slaw, extra carrots for Matt, barbecued chicken, and a little cheese and bacon for garnish. I have to say, Matt was a little skeptical when I suggested barbecued chicken salad for dinner, but he loved it once he saw it and ate it. :)
On Monday, we really had a low-key morning and afternoon. Matt finished mowing, I took Anna Reaghan with me to the store to pick up a few things for brownies, we played around the house, and the kids helped me make the brownies. While they were napping I made icing and frosted the brownies, and then we went to my parents' for a cookout after the kids woke up. They got to splash in a kiddie pool and play with a little sprinkler--to Asa's delight in particular. :) Mimi was there too and all our Tennessee cousins at least stopped by, and we had yummy burgers that G-Pa grilled. After everyone else left, Anna Reaghan danced a little more to VBS music before we headed home and got our kids in bed. It was a sweet time with family!
We don't have any major plans in the works for this week. We have a cousin's birthday party next weekend, but we already have the gift, wrap, and card (I just need to put those together), so no errands are necessary to prepare. :) I am feeling the itch to get started with some packing or a second round of weeding through boxes and deciding what we really want to keep--so that is the major thing on my agenda or naps or evenings. I also need to figure out some details for Asa's upcoming FOURTH birthday party in less than a month!! :)
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good trip to the outlets - and a happy weekend. We REALLY enjoyed having you over for the BBQ and the brownies were TERRIFIC!!! :) :)
I've really come to enjoy salad dinners like that - and I found that out by eating at Wendy's and Taco Bell! So something good CAN come from eating at fast food joints.
Oh, I forgot to "sign" that last comment, so . . .
-Dad-
Post a Comment