Friday, May 24, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  It's almost a three day weekend!  YEA!!!  We are all SO excited to have an extra Daddy Day this weekend. :)  Tomorrow we are headed to the outlets at some point.  I'm sure it will be nuts with the holiday weekend, but we thought tomorrow might be better than Monday's traffic, so Saturday it is.  And if it's horrendous, we'll have Sunday and Monday to recover. ;)  I need some sandals and maybe capris or tennis shoes.  Matt needs some fillers for staple wardrobe items.  He's worked through some pretty intense workout programs and needs some pants and shorts that aren't practically falling off of him. ;)

2.  We have some guests who've moved into our family--a family of birds is in the chimney!  We can hear the baby birds tweet tweet TWEEEETING in the morning and evening when their (momma? daddy?) brings them something to eat.  Hilarious.  Anna Reaghan looked around all through breakfast (the chimney is in the little family room right off the kitchen that we use as our "eat in" area) tweeting herself and trying to figure out where the sound was coming from.

3.  Anna Reaghan LOVES the dvd of our upcoming VBS music.  Every day she asks to dance to it.  It is PRECIOUS!!  I uploaded a clip to Facebook, but I'll try to get it on youtube so I can link it here.  She has a favorite song, as does Asa, and we have "dance music" in the living room every day plus listen to the audio cd in the van.  Whew!  Asa KNOWS those songs!  Sweet seeds being planted in their hearts.

4.  One month and two days left until we close on the house.  We.are.so.excited!!!!

5.  Last night I let Sammy outside after the kids were in bed, and then left her "loose" (with gates up) in the kitchen when she came back in, as is our usual evening routine.  I ran down to the basement to switch out some laundry and found the silliest sight when I came back upstairs!  Sammy has a couch/bed that we put down for her to sleep on every night.  With it being a little toastier, she has preferred the wood floor when she first comes in from outside so I did not make a priority of putting her bed down before I switched the laundry.  I figured I'd get it down for her later--we keep it on top of her crate during the day.  I walked into the kitchen and found this!!


Sorry I didn't get your bed down fast enough, Sammy!  She stayed there for hours until Matt got home from a movie and lifted her down--he was afraid she might startle or fall off in her sleep. :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope you have a GREAT time at the outlets..and find everything you are looking for! I LOVE that the kids love the VBS music so much. It is precious to see AR dancing to it! (Who would have thought a two year old would be able to do that?) Sammy D. is the funniest, sweetest dog ever! :)

Cheryl said...

Oh gosh....and we cannot wait for you to enjoy your new home! What a gift from a Father who LOVES you!!!!