Friday, May 31, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  This week feels like a blur.  Maybe that's because Matt had Monday off?  We had a VERY lazy day on Monday and finished it off at my parents' house for some time playing with water, grilled burgers, and dessert.  It was so so SO nice to have an extra day with Matt. :)

2.  This week at the grocery store Anna Reaghan added a little drama to our trip.  I picked up a bottle of honey, and Anna Reaghan wanted to hold it and play with it.  I watched her closely for the first couple minutes to see if she would do anything with the lid.  She did not even try to get it off, so I let her continue playing with it.  While I was selecting a roast, she started sobbing.  I turned around and she was covered in honey.  Oh yes, my not-even-2-year-old managed to unscrew the lid AND peel off the safety seal in the blink of an eye in the middle of the grocery store.  Her hands and lap were covered in honey.  Sigh.  Eventually I found some wipes in my purse and wiped off her hands and mine.  I also used a wipe to cover her honey-covered outfit when I buckled her into her carseat in the van.  Never a dull moment.

3.  This weekend we get to celebrate our nephew's 6th birthday!  Woo hoo!  We can't wait for the airplane party--Asa has been asking all week if it's the party day yet. :)

4.  As of tomorrow, we can say, "We are buying a house THIS MONTH!"  The countdown to closing is on, with a little jaunt to South Carolina and Asa's birthday party in between!  We can't wait!!!!!! :) :) :)  It's like a dream come true. :)

5.  Anna Reaghan's hair is getting so long!  You can't tell normally because it's curly. :)  But today I gave her braided pigtails while the kids played outside with buckets of water and the water table.  It's sooo cute! :) :)  I just can't believe she's big enough for pigtails, much less braids!



2 comments:

Cheryl said...

YEA for buying a house THIS month!!!
What a blessing!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad the Kubos live here so we can celebrate 3-day weekends together! And lots of other weekends, too.

And that picture of the back of a sweet little pig-tailed head sure looks familiar. Love, love, LOVE!

Dad