Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weekend Rewind (mid-week)

We had a great Mother's Day weekend!

We kicked the weekend off with a dinner out just Matt and me at a Mexican restaurant near our new house. YUM.  Then we headed to some friends' for a game nigh.  Thanks to G-Ma for allowing us the evening out! We had a really good time and it's always nice to spend time with our new TN friends. :)

We started off Saturday with a birthday party!  Our sweet friends Jessica & Eric came in town to celebrate their son's first birthday!  It was a fun chance to catch up with them, see other friends, and to celebrate sweet Luke. :)  I'm so glad we could go!  The kids both had a blast, and Asa is still talking about "Party Luke."  He has dubbed this Luke "Party Luke" because we met a different Luke, the same age, on Monday at the park. Asa was initially disappointed we were not meeting Party Luke at the park, but he decided there is room in his heart for two Lukes. :)  After the party I got the kids down for naps and Matt met a friend to see a movie.  Saturday evening he completed some Mother's Day shopping prep. ;)

On Sunday morning Matt made us French toast and bacon from breakfast.  Yum!  He had 3 roses--one from him, one from Asa, and one from AR--waiting on the kitchen table, as well as cards from each of them.  He had even asked Asa what he loves about Mommy and recorded it in the card.  Apparently I am loved for my cuddling--I'll definitely take that answer and a cuddle with Asa ANY day! :)  We went to church and then had lunch with my parents and grandmother after church.  I napped Sunday afternoon while the kids napped--it was WONDERFUL! :)  Then we headed back to my parents' for a Mother's Day/sister-in-law's birthday celebration with my dad's delicious tacos!



We had a busy and FUN family weekend!  Our May calendar has filled quickly--but with special events and people we have looked forward to spending time with. :)


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yea for time with friends and family - and for REST! :) I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day weekend. You are an amazing mom!

Jessica said...

Party Luke, I'm loving it. Wish we could have joined you all at the park...!