1. As I mentioned in my last post, we met our friends Rachel & Luke at a playground on Monday. We have now been to 3 playgrounds around town, and there's been something to like about all of them! Asa's favorite part of this one was a HUGE sandbox. Our FAVORITE park in Ohio had 2 great sandboxes that were stocked with fun sand toys everyone left there for the kids. I didn't know if this sandbox had the same kind of "community" toys so we brought some to use, but we didn't need them! There were tons of shovels, molds, rakes, and construction toys. Anna Reaghan is my adventurous little one when it comes to physical challenges. She ran back and forth across a sloped bridge LONG before Asa did--he even tried to at one point and changed his mind. A few minutes later she spotted the same bridge and couldn't get enough of it! Then my sweet boy saw his sister's delight and gave it a successful try himself. I love how they complement each other. :) Luke is a sweetie and really had a fun time playing and visiting. The park was right along a stretch of the lake/river so we even saw one of G-Ma's favorites: a gooney bird! :)
2. On Tuesday we made our weekly grocery shopping trip and had the treat of G-Ma joining us for our shopping and lunch. :)
3. On Wednesday we picked up a few things from Trader Joe's and then spent the rest of the day trying to finish picking up the house and preparing dinner for friends we had over Wednesday night. Two girls from my Bible study and their husbands came over for dinner and dessert. Asa and Anna Reagan were awesome, and Asa was able to be deterred the few times he tried to dominate the conversation with invitation to go outside and see our tadpoles (we have some living/growing in his water table). ;) It was a sweet time to hang out and get to know some friends better. I'm SO glad they came!
4. This morning I went to see an area rug someone had advertised online. We would like a rug for the new living room and new study as I envision floor play happening in those rooms and the main floor of the new house is all hardwoods. It was good quality, warm colors, soft, and definitely the right price, so I brought it home! Then we played outside the rest of the morning until lunch time. At that point we packed lunches and picked up Daddy for a picnic at the park near his office. :) The kids LOVED it and I think it was refreshing for Matt to have some outside time in the middle of the day too--especially before it gets too toasty around here. ;) After lunch we came home to play outside some MORE (it's supposed to rain this weekend, so we're squeezing in all the "outside" we can) before rest time. Now both the kids are down and I'm deciding how to spend the next 30 min. before I cook dinner. :)
5. This weekend I get to celebrate a friend's baby shower--I am so excited to embroider a few things tonight to add to my gift! I think we're also just anticipating fun family time together. I know as soon as June officially gets here we'll be full steam ahead with packing and organizing, so it's nice to soak up family weekends still right now. :)
Friday, May 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment