Friday, May 10, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  In contrast to Asa who dropped pacifiers on his own around 6 months, Anna Reaghan still gets them in bed.  We probably could have tried to cut them out around her birthday last year, but we moved a short time later and she definitely seemed more comfortable keeping her old routine going strong.  They are mostly something she chews and plays with at this point when she's in bed, so I am thinking about just letting them get "lost" one by one.  BUT here's a perfect example of how they have become a toy rather than a comfort measure.

Anna Reaghan stuffed 3 pacis into her onesie while she was in bed, and then giggled and giggled about it when I came in to get her up for the morning.

 looking at all the pacis settled around her waist

"Anna Reaghan, where are your pacis?" [pointing to her stomach]

2.  Last night we had the pleasure of sharing dessert with my parents.  I made an extra pie for us when I made a meal this week for friends with a new baby, and it was waaaaay too much for us to go through on our own.  So Dad & Mom came over for some pie on the back porch and then "discovering" in the backyard--complete with an almost-2 and almost-4-year-old running down (and in AR's case, rolling down) a hill in "races" and traipsing all over the yard hunting for wild strawberries.

3.  The appraisal on our new house is complete and we are full steam ahead to closing *next month.*  Every time I think of the house and picture our family there it makes me smile.  GAH--we are SO excited!!

4.  Tonight we are going to a game night with friends from church.  I am very excited for a chance to hang out with friends and continue to build relationships.

5.  Tomorrow we get to celebrate a first birthday party for our sweet friends' son--they'll be in town from NC.  And on Sunday we get to be with almost the whole TN family for Mother's Day and to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday.  I am looking forward to a FUN weekend!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love, love, love the paci picture. AR is hilarious! :) Dessert was DELICOUS and the yard "adventures" were priceless! I am SO thankful the Lord brought you to Knoxville!!!!