Friday, May 3, 2013

Five on Friday

1. What a beautiful day!!! Today we played outside about an hour before lunch, had another picnic lunch on the front lawn, and then played another hour before talking a walk through the neighborhood.  We love the sunshine!!  The kids played in the sandbox, with various toy mowers/cars/etc., and just romped about the yard.  Hoooooray for spring!!

2.  We believe the new house was appraised this week or will be the beginning of next week and we'll have the report Monday or Tuesday.  That feels like the last hurdle to clear on our part.  Once that is set, it feels like we really will be full steam ahead. :)

3.  I've been culling through boxes in the basement and garage deciding what items in storage I *really* want to keep.  Thankfully, I have found most of our storage to be baby items and holiday decor.  Baby items we are mostly keeping (I am weeding through toys, books, clothes, etc. to make sure we are keeping our *favorites*) and holiday decor we will mostly keep--but I'll probably go through our Christmas decorations and make sure I'm keeping my favorite things.  We have collected quite a bit of Christmas decor, and I don't plan to keep things we haven't used recently.

4.  On Tuesday we (my siblings + their spouses+ plus us) took my parents to dinner at The Melting Pot to celebrate my dad's retirement.  It was a fun time to be together and to celebrate him and his decades of hard work.  We are so excited for him to enjoy retirement now!

5.  This weekend we get to celebrate my niece's birthday.  Asa is also excited because May's arrival means his birthday is "next month."  *I* am excited because May's arrival means we close on our  new house next month!!!  In the meantime, we have LOTS of birthdays coming up, including Asa's and planning for Anna Reaghan's (and Matt's).  WHEW!  A busy spring all around!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Yea for Spring and birthdays...new houses, and retirement! :)