Friday, February 1, 2013

Five on Friday

We made it to another weekend, yea!

1.  We haven't been up to too terribly much.  Mostly sticking around the house with the cold, wintery weather other than our weekly grocery shopping.  This morning we did get out with G-Ma though and browse through the craft store.  I'm doing some informal (but still intentional) preschool things with Asa and wanted some supplies.

2.  I decided on a loose schedule of MWF after AR goes down for rest time/before Asa rests for some preschool activities with Asa.  He had already surprised me recently with his hold on phonics, but I was thrilled that after only a little bit of modeling examples he is now reading simple, phonetic words!  We are having so much fun playing games and doing activities that have learning embedded in them.  It's at his pace, no pressure, geared toward things he enjoys (next week's theme is trains ;)), but he is learning and we are having a blast working together.  We do hope to homeschool, so this is a nice way to get our feet wet. :)  That twinkle in his eye when he reads a word is just priceless!!

3.  Anna Reaghan is still talking up a storm.  Her latest additions are her own version of some of her cousins' names, much to their delight. :)  She also says "bug" and "bunny" now, but still primarily pronounces first or last syllables.

4.  I am caught up on Project Life and have 2 weeks' worth of spreads to share, but I'm having trouble finding a good sunny spot so the flash doesn't interfere with the photos.  Hopefully I can post an update soon. :)

5.  Tomorrow we get to celebrate at a baby shower for new friends in our new church group.  I am so thankful we are continuing to make friends and get to know people!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love that Asa is having so much fun learning...and that Anna Reaghan is coming up with more and more words. (It's FUN to know what she's saying!.) YEA for getting to go to a shower...and spend time with people. I am thankful.