Monday, January 21, 2013

A Little Catch Up

1. We had SNOW this week!  It snowed on Thursday afternoon and heavily enough that we got about 1.5-2 inches in about an hour.  My brother north of town had 3 inches!  Asa LOOOOOOOVED the snow (we joke that his Ohio stint has certainly stuck with him), and Anna Reaghan thought it was pretty neat after she got over an initial distrust of its coldness. :)  We made a snowman, drove Asa's giant dump truck around in the snow and scooped snow with the truck's scooper.  We bundled up TN style (mix and match as many warm layers as you can find) and OH style (our real snow clothes once I found them in the basement). :)  We had F-U-N! :)

2. Some of Anna Reghan's new words this week include:

  • "man" = snowman (we had SNOW!)
  • "ess" = necklace
  • "up" = puppy (Asa's favorite stuffed animal named "Favorite Puppy")  she also says, "up" for up
3. Matt and I had our first real date night since we moved here.  We went out for dinner one other night, but that was kind of a consolation dinner b/c that was when Matt informed me that our  missing items were *not* in the house after an exhaustive search (we thought--ha!).  It was so nice to go out for a happy reason--just because. :)

4.  Anna Reaghan loves necklaces.  I'm so glad we got her a few toddler necklaces for Christmas, and just recently came across a bunch of long strands of beads.  She looooves piling them on. :)

5.  Last week when we picked her up from Sunday school was beyond precious.  As soon as she saw me and Mom, she started RUNNING circles around the classroom squealing and giggling and flapping her arms.  She was BESIDE herself excited.  I used to think Asa gave us some awfully heartwarming "reunions," but those paled in comparison to this one from Anna Reaghan.  I think I will *always* remember it.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So thankful I got to SEE Anna Reaghan's excitement! So happy that Asa and Anna Reaghan got to enjoy the snow. :)