Friday, February 8, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  Asa was pretty much hysterical the first night I went to Bible study 3 weeks ago.  It was pretty heart wrenching to leave.  We'd talked about it for a couple days, he understood he did not have to go to *sleep* before I got home (although Matt would put him in bed but give him some books to look at), and we had picked a special dessert (we don't really ever do dessert, so that was a big deal) for him to have after dinner as I was leaving.  He was BESIDE himself excited when I got home (about 30 min. after bedtime).  Like, staring at me nose to nose, his hands on my face, saying, "I'm so glad you're home!  You came back!"  Apparently we still had issues stemming from AR's hospital stint.  The GOOD news is that the past 2 weeks he's done great!  He trusts that I *am* coming back and he smiles and sends me on my way.  I am SO thankful he is handling it just fine now.  If only AR hadn't taken it upon herself to sob when I leave now...

2.  Asa is particularly attached to his "guys" right now (Favorite Puppy, Blanket--a sheep, and his Lightning McQueen pillow) AND to books.  I think since he is starting to sound out some words he has a renewed fascination with books.  He's always been fond of books, but the intensity has ramped up and it's so much fun to watch!

3.  Anna Reaghan is as sweet as ever.  She loves music and will bop her head or wiggle her body when she hears a song come on.  It is especially amusing to me if we are shopping somewhere and she suddenly starts dancing along.

4.  Anna Reaghan is quite attached to a blanket Mimi (my mom's mom) made for her.  She often sleeps holding it/on top of it, cuddled right next to it.  Yesterday she wanted to hold one of Asa's guys and when I offered to get her blanket for her instead, she was sooooo excited.  She walked around the house holding her blanket and giggling every couple of steps.  Tooooo cute (and thanks, Mimi!).

5.  We are looking forward to celebrating my dad this weekend!!  His birthday was yesterday, but my family is gathering tomorrow for a little party.  It's the first time in 8 years we'll be in town for his birthday!  Hooray!!

No comments: