Saturday, August 18, 2012

Six on Saturday

We have had an eventful week!

1.  Everyone is still definitely on the mend.  Yea!  Asa seems fine, AR's rash is getting better, and my throat doesn't hurt!  Woo hoo!

2.  On Tuesday, G-Ma arrived to spend almost a week with us!!  Yea and hooray!

3.  We received the full disc of pictures from our family photo shoot in July.  Oh my goodness.  It was more pictures than I imagined we'd get, and we absolutely LOVE them!!!  Kristen really captured each of the kids, and I pretty much can't stop looking at all the pictures on the computer.  I will have to order some prints pronto!!

4.  We took Asa to Toys R Us yesterday to pick something out with the small gift card they mail children on their birthdays.  It's fun to let him look around and see what captures his eye and imagination.  He went into the store saying he wanted to see the trains.  And indeed, he walked out with a train.  All the Brio train sets were 60% off!  Brio is usually so expensive!  He chose a set of 3 trains for only $6!!  It has a double long engine and two freight cars--a gas car with removable gas containers that go inside and another car with an engine (or some type of machinery) that is removable.  It was so fun to find even more than I imagined thanks to the sale.  The trains came with Asa to listen to his rest time and bed time stories.  I think he likes them. ;)

5.  Anna Reaghan has crossed the threshold to walking more than 50% of the time.  She is getting both of her top front teeth now, and one of them has descended enough you can see it sometimes when she smiles.  She turned 13 months old this week (on the 14th), and I truly cannot believe how much she's changed in the last month.  In the last month she:  weaned from nursing, cut 2 teeth, started walking, rapidly progressed to mostly walking, and just plain looks older.  I wonder what developments this month will take us through? :)

6.  It is starting to cool off here in the evenings.  I anticipated this happening the second half of August (it's only taken me 3 summers to figure out this is when it happens)... "it" you know, changing from summer to fall.  The promise of fall is definitely in the air, and I see great things in store!

2 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

Julianne is cutting her top 4 teeth as well... real fun!

Cheryl said...

YAY for visiting :) and for a healthy family and a touch of FALL!