Friday, April 1, 2011

Five on Friday

1.  Asa has his first cold.  I am SO very thankful we made it just over 21 months before he ever had a cold!  How amazing is that?!?  He has been so healthy--such a praise.  It's still pitiful to see your baby congested and not feeling well, no matter his age.  He slept in late on Monday, and that was my first clue something was off.  When I went to finally get him from bed, he was just laying in his crib, holding his stuffed animals, and looking around his room.  Usually he's standing up and partying. :)  After we came downstairs, I set him down for just a second to grab my phone from our bedroom, and when I walked back to the living room Asa was standing by the couch leaning his head on it.  Pitiful, indeed!  Overall, it doesn't seem to be a horrendous cold, although he is more congested today than earlier this week.  Hopefully he'll bounce back over the weekend.

2.  We need to clarify "good sharing" and "not so nice sharing" with Asa.  Good sharing = sharing a toy, sharing a snack, sharing Dad & Mom's attention or lap ;).... "not so nice sharing" = sharing your cold!  Yup, Matt & I have both come down with Asa's cold. Not so fun.  When my throat was scratchy and then sore, I felt badly because I felt poorly and then I felt extra badly because I knew first hand at that point how Asa must have been feeling the past few days.  What a trooper!  I think we're all glad the weekend is here and hope to make it a restful one so we can recover and feel better. :)

3.  The white stuff.  Can you believe we had SNOW this week?!?  Three inches!  And another ever-so-slight dusting this morning!!!  It's APRIL.  I am so very much not used to this.  Give me the Florida sunshine!  The 3 inches from earlier this week finally melted all the way off the yard today.  UGH.  I am very ready for spring.  My Florida-ometer says it's already a month late. ;)

4.  Silly.  I have a pair of pajamas that has cozy flannel pants with cupcakes all over them.  I was wearing them this morning when I went to get Asa out of bed.  As soon as he saw me, he pointed to a cupcake on my pj pants and started making "chomping" noises.  I think he's eaten a cupcake once?  He's too funny. :)  He think it's very funny to make loud "eating" sounds when he's in a happy mood at a mealtime lately.  He's so much fun!

5.  I'm finishing one other sewing project, and then I have all sorts of projects picked out to try for Anna Reaghan!  I cannot wait!  First up is a sweet dress!  I have some other dresses picked out, maybe a sleep sack, BOWS, things to monogram.  I am ready!!!  Nesting is hitting.... after all we have only 1 more week til the third trimester!

No comments: