Our weekend was rather low key as we were all fighting off a cold.
Friday: We all felt pretty crummy on Friday, so we took it pretty easy. Asa really started to seem congested on Friday, and you could just tell he didn't feel well. Matt picked up dinner for us on the way home, and Asa eventually ate some. He pretty much lost it (crying, upset) at the beginning of dinner, and he ate less than usual all day. But we got some food into him and then got him in bed. Later Matt went to Sonic to get us milkshakes to ease our throats. :) We pretty much kicked back and tried to rest and not cough our heads off. :)
Saturday: Matt and Asa woke up with some notable relief. Starting Friday night, I felt like my asthma was kicking in a little. I went to take my inhaler before bed and noticed it expired (good news: I hadn't taken it since I was pregnant with Asa! Bad news: not taking it for so long = not paying attention to its expiration date). Saturday morning I woke up much tighter and could tell my breathing was beyond what was acceptable for making sure Anna Reaghan is getting enough oxygen. I called my doctor, she called in a new prescription, and we hoped that would do the trick to get air flowing more freely again. Matt got to go out with his boss/friend and blow some ammo in the woods. They had a really good time :), and I was thankful Matt not only got to have some guy time but also that it coincided quite nicely with Asa's nap on Saturday. He came home right around when Asa woke up, so I had help for the rest of the day when I was really not feeling well. Between being 6 months pregnant and sick, just going up the stairs felt like running a marathon. Saturday night we set up our Wii for some fun and got a little carried away playing Lego Star Wars. Aren't we the most enthralling couple? It's actually a SUPER fun game, Matt loves how it follows the plot of each movie, and I love how it's very kid-oriented (but still very entertaining) so it's not frustrating. :)
Sunday: I knew Asa should not be in the nursery with a runny nose and I was in no shape to be at church and possibly pass along the cold. Matt was still recovering and stayed home to help me with Asa was well. My inhaler was making a difference, but I was still pretty tight (thankfully by today, Tuesday, I could tell a significant difference when I woke up!!). We played in the basement some, walked around the yard a couple times to get outside even though it's still cold, and enjoyed a fun day together. Asa LOVES having his daddy home on the weekend, and on Sunday that was very apparent. :) Asa had a bath late in the afternoon (he only took one nap, so we were working toward an early bedtime), and just when I would have dried him off he asked Matt to get in too. He LOVES when Matt throws on swim trunks and gets in the tub with him. They make cars race down the sides of the tub and do lots of splashing. On Sunday they had their biggest splash-fest yet!
Overall, it was a bummer to be sick but we tried to make the most of it and had really sweet times as a family. Oh the memories we are making! :)
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment