I missed posting 5 on Friday last week when we were out of town, so I thought I'd make up for it today!
1. We spent last week traveling to visit our families. We usually try to make a summer road trip earlier in the year, but Matt hadn't been at his new job long enough to take time off when our normal vacation week rolled around. We decided to take advantage of Labor Day week instead and visit both our families in TN and SC.
2. The timing was GREAT because we got to see both our moms ON their birthdays!! HOORAY!!
3. Asa had LOTS of great cousin time. I LOVE that he can truly interact with them now. It was his first time seeing his cousin Izzy in SC and really interacting with her (he last saw her at Christmas when he was 6 months old). Fun, fun, fun time with cuzzies! :)
4. Sammy endured a week at the "spa." She definitely lost weight and they told us she refused dinner (at least for the day we picked her up... by the looks of her I'd say she refused it more nights than that), but that's her usual response when we're gone for a longer trip. She is verrrrry glad to be home and enjoying some extra attention. :)
5. It is FALL here now. We're told the temps changed the weekend we left. Highs are now in the low 70s or high 60s and evenings are getting into the 40s! The highs were still low 90s/high 80s when we left! This is CRAZY (but wonderful! I need to enjoy every minute though, because I have NO idea when winter will hit instead!).
6. I switched out Asa's clothes to prep for this cooler weather. It made me sad to pack up some favorite outfits, but judging by the new clothes hanging in his closet, there are plenty of new favorites to be found!
7. We bought a new bed frame. When we were first married, we got a particle board/put together bookshelf headboard. I loved the bookshelf feature even though that's not particularly grown up or romantic, I guess. Anyway, it kind of just barely made the move from the townhouse in FL to the house in FL. It was jerry-rigged (particle board holds up so well ;) ) and definitely not going to survive a move across the country to OH! We've had our mattress on plain rails since our belongings arrived which is fine, but didn't feel very homey or inviting to me. I scoped out a furniture store that runs sales on bed frames each week. We ended up with a sleigh bed! It's a cherry finish and we really like it. It really helps finish off our room--I'll try to post pictures soon!
8. Asa tried some new foods this week and liked one of them! He decided sloppy joe sauce is DELICIOUS. :) HE couldn't get enough! He also liked baked beans for a short amount of time (4 bites' worth) and then changed his mind. :)
9. Asa is growing! Today he is wearing a pair of jeans that are size 12-18 months! I think this is the first (or mayyyybe 2nd) time he's worn something that was the same size as his age! Wow! To be fair, they are a small 12-18 months, but they fit in the waist and the length! Asa has a check up tomorrow with a new ped (please pray it's a good fit!), so we'll know his official stats soon!
10. We (Asa and I) begin Bible study tomorrow! He's stayed in the nursery during church up to an hour, and Bible study is 2 hours, so that will be new and different for him. But the same ladies work on Wednesday mornings and said they missed him last week. :) I am so thankful for our smooth transition to using church nursery. God has really covered that big change for both Asa and me!
And speaking of our sweet boy, I hear him talking to himself upstairs. :) He's up from his nap and ready to roll again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment