Friday, September 3, 2010

5 on Friday

1.  We averted disaster (really it was just God).  The basement of the place we're renting is half finished. In the unfinished half we have our laundry area and then boxes and boxes of things that just didn't work now that we lost some living space and/or weren't worth unpacking knowing we hope to find a house to rent at the end of our lease.  Stacks and stacks of cardboard boxes.  Cardboard boxes that are certainly not impervious to water!  And water we had!  The HVAC drain line was leaking apparently, only at some point it must have been more like a gush based on the areas we found water and the puddle of standing water under the HVAC and water heater.  Only a handful of boxes got wet.  We have one more to check, but so far the contents of the soaked boxes have been no worse for the wear (praise the Lord!).  Plus for renting:  we didn't pay a dime for the repair. :)

2.  Asa and I went to the county fair on Wednesday morning.  We saw goats, geese, ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs, cows, hogs, and sheep!  The goats were the friendliest and Asa's favorite (and mine).  The rabbits came in a close second. :)  It was cute to see Asa's reactions to the various furry things he knew were not dogs but couldn't quite place. :)

3.  I took care of lots of odd jobs!  I finally closed our bank account in Florida.  I rerouted the last doctor bill the insurance denied while the COBRA neglected to inform the we had purchased the COBRA.  Hopefully everyone will get their money now--out of the insurance's pocket! ;)  I mailed a bunch of letters and pictures this week.  Paid bills.  It's nice to have those things off my to do list!

4.  We received Asa's 1 year portraits from our photographer in Florida!  I was slow in choosing which prints I wanted, but once I did we had a fast turn around.  I love, love, love them!  The free Picaboo book I made of Asa's first holidays came this week as well, and it's sooo fun!

5.  Asa is excited to see his G-Pa, G-Ma, Poppy, Nana, aunts, uncles, and cousins very soon!!!! :)

No comments: