from grad school to graduated
from graduated to working
-engineering for Matt, hips to knees
-substituting to my own classroom, with some tutoring on the side
from living in Tennessee to Florida
from an apartment to our house
many trips to Knoxville and Rock Hill
a few trips to Orlando, Destin, Edisto, Hilton Head, and St. Augustine
just to the two of us to us + Sammy dog
finding our church
making friends
getting settled in
and then of course, our sweet Asa joining the family!
Mom came down for a weekend visit that also enabled us to go out for our anniversary. We went to a yummy restaurant called Stonewood. I even found some delicious dairy-free options for myself! For instance, I ordered the bleu cheese chips without bleu cheese for my appetizer (homemade potato chips with a balsamic reduction for dipping on the side). :) I think the waiter thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. :)
my cheeseless chips for my appetizer
Matt getting ready to eat his seared ahi tuna appetizer
Matt's entree, pork with cheese and prosciutto
my entree, a pork chop, plain baked potato, seasonal veggies, and yummy granny smith apple chutney
We brought Mom home a slice of amazing looking chocolate cake for dessert, but we passed on dessert ourselves since all the selections had dairy in them.
We brought Mom home a slice of amazing looking chocolate cake for dessert, but we passed on dessert ourselves since all the selections had dairy in them.
Then on Saturday (when things were less busy for Matt with the work week over) we exchanged gifts. We bought two prints at an art festival a year or two ago. Matt picked them out and has really wanted them framed, but we never got around to it. I found two gorgeous frames that really accentuate the prints and framed them for him. He TOTALLY surprised me and suggested we get a new fridge for my anniversary present. We have talked from time to time about replacing our kitchen appliances (70s/80s almond colored and probably not particularly efficient). I thought we'd save up and do it all at once, but then I thought it would be fun to go ahead and do the fridge as Matt suggested. So we looked at reviews and such, and we ended up with THIS!
a black, freezer-bottom, french door refrigerator with about 5 cubic feet more space than our old almond RCA fridge (RCA! I didn't even know they made refrigerators! Goes perfectly with our old Chrysler a/c unit we replaced last year)!
I can't believe how much space we have in it and I love not bending over to get into the fridge. Thank you for the wonderful idea and gift, Matt!! :)
So there's our little anniversary update. I am so thankful the Lord has brought us from this
dinner for Matt's work in grad school (dating)
engaged
our wedding
to this
with many more adventures ahead, we pray. :) Thank you, Lord, for the sweet gift and undeserved blessing of Matt in my life! I love you, Matt!












1 comment:
I love this post - and I love you!
Happy, happy anniversary! The Lord has surely poured out His blessing on both of you! Mom
Post a Comment