Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures yet to go with this post. But some friends of ours remembered their camera and I'll try to get some files from them to share with you. :)
Our church had its annual Fall Festival on Sunday. It was the third year for it and our 2nd time going (we missed last year). The Festival was at a new location this year a little further out of town, but not nearly as far as we originally thought. It was perfect!
Our small group was asked to host the welcome table. I gathered the necessary supplies (nametags and sharpies) and also made a sign for the welcome table. That was pretty fun--I draw a little pumpkin, scarecrow, pie (there was a pie eating contest and the sign ups were at our table), and crock of chili (there is also a chili cook off). I think it went over well. :) We were also asked to come up with some type of "activity" that would encourage mingling. I made up a little slip with places to write 3 facts you learned about someone new. Then I bought three GIANT Hershey's bars and we raffled one off every hour of the festival by drawing one of those slips from a big basket. After you met someone new and learned 3 things about them, you could add a slip to the basket. Some of the younger (i.e. middle and high school) crowd came back again and again with a slip for someone new they met. :)
Asa was WONDERFUL while we were there. He always gets a little out of routine from going to church Sunday mornings. I didn't know how far off we'd end up going back out 2 to 3 hours Sunday afternoon. It was time for a nap right when we got there. I popped him in the sling and at first he, of course, was completely taken by all the sights of the farm and people milling about setting up. But at one point, someone quietly pointed at him and said, Awww," and I looked down to find he had conked out after all! Way to go, little guy!! :) He had about half his normal nap, then he woke up and just kind of chilled looking around. I took a bottle with me to make feeding easy :)--I didn't want to try to figure out where to nurse him privately and without distractions for Mr. Distracto while on a farm in the midst of a party. ;) He ate great and looked adorable in his costume. You'll have to wait until this weekend to see it though. :) We came home and got him ready for bed right away. Off he went to snooze land! It was great!
Normally his "off" Sundays lead to "off" Mondays before we get back on track. By "off" I mean he's a little overtired so he doesn't nap great. But by Tuesday he's usually come back around. This Monday, however, he was great! But then on Tuesday he was exhausted. He's been sleeping longer stretches at night, so I'm not totally sure what the deal is. So far, he's waking up early from naps again today too, silly boy, but at least sleeping an hour or so. I can't complain!
I can't wait to show you pictures from the festival of Asa dressed up with his friends, including Dinah (she was baptized the same day Asa was. She was a Dinah-saur ;))! Stay tuned!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm so glad you had fun - and that Asa rolled with the punches.
We LOVE you! Mom
Post a Comment