Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pop!

I think Asa finally popped! I wore a (my only) maternity dress on Sunday (WHY in the world does everyone make maternity dresses and pants so short? Are tall people not supposed to get pregnant or something??), and I think he was really showing! What do you think? ;)



Hehehe And it only took 6 months to finally look this way! :)
Happy 3rd trimester to us, starting TODAY (27 weeks)!


I have a post "developing" that I'll put up really soon that will give you a glimpse into life in our little town. :) It's even hardly baby related! :) Matt took some great pictures of the Azaleas blooming in our yard (we have a dogwood blooming, too, and TONS of pollen to go with them all :)) that I'll post also. We are doing well--both busy with work. I have to admit, when Monday mornings roll around, it's getting harder and harder to drag myself out of bed and get ready for work. The kids are the reason I go! I only have 6.5 weeks left with them. Please pray that they will adjust smoothly to the sub in May and just that I would soak up every second with them and make the most of this time I have to touch 20 lives on a daily basis. I think as a Christian in a public school, it would be easy to take for granted what easy access I have to (hopefully) shaping these little lives and hearts. It's been such a blessing to truly cast the vision for them (thanks for the idea, Dad) that this little life inside me is ALIVE, fully HUMAN, and a PERSON. Not some blob, not tissue, not a mass. He is a person, and they KNOW it and totally see him/accept him as that. I hope that "seed" stays planted with them as they grow older. What a privilege it has been to teach! This is my 4th class, and I can only imagine the lives touched by some of my mentors, like Libby Hamel. Wow. Can you imagine the stories in Heaven that will come about as a result of her years of ministry and work in the classroom? I am so thankful for her and many like her who are in the classroom, especially as I have been called in a different direction for a time.

The only other "big" thing going on is actually almost over! That's right, the lovely FCAT. FCAT is the standardized test students take in Florida. In third grade we have the additional pressure, I mean pleasure, of knowing that our students' performance on the reading FCAT determines whether or not they will be promoted to 4th grade. What a load those little shoulders carry! The reading portions were yesterday and today, and the kids seem to have done an amazing job. I'm not allowed to know anything about the test I admininster and monitor, BUT I can tell you they have worked hard, with diligence, checked their answers in the passages, checked their work when they were done, and I am SOO proud of their effort! Tomorrow we have 2 math test sessions, and then we are DONE! WOO HOO!! They are all feeling MUCH more relaxed now that the first day (Tuesday) is over, they know what to expect, and as they said, "It's easier than I thought!" "I'll die of boredom by Thursday." (no, I do not have cocky magnet kids or anything ;)) I told them it's like a batter warming up. Practice with extra weight and making it extra hard, so the real thing feels like an easy homerun. :) All the work we have done this year is what makes them able to not be anxious now. :)

Alright, I must close and decide what's for dinner. My appetite has disappeared again in the last week or two, so poor Matt has had an adventure as far as dinner is concerned. :) He's such a good egg! We hope you are well and appreciate your care and prayers! :)

Love,
Becca

4 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Popping!!! I love seeing that little man stick out a little! So fun! I totally remember how short maternity dresses were and if they were short on me then they must be a bit shorter on you! ;) Glad all is well there!!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dad said "She looks so young" (is that a Father's heart, or what?)
We LOVE seeing Asa!...and we love you! Mom

Becca said...

So now I can't even lose the "young" look by being pregnant? :) I admit, I have felt extra conscious of making sure my wedding rings are visible when I'm out and about--especially since our town usually crawls with college students. I always wear my rings, but I find myself thinking, "I hope you see these!" when I'm signing a receipt or something. Not that a teen can't get married with parents' permission but... one of those things where I guess I'll have to withstand a few possible wondering looks and know what God's real story is. :) Or think back to our neighbor's comment when she found out and just laugh. :)