Alright, hang in there with me for just a moment. If you know my mom very much, you know she is GREAT at making up little songs and poems. I find that in mundane or frustrating moments, I do the same. It was out of one such experience that the following song came to be.
"The Target that Doesn't Have Anything" (to the tune of the chorus from "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" a VeggieTales song)
This is the Target that doesn't have anything
That doesn't have anything
That doesn't have anything
And if you ask me what they carry,
I'll just tell you.....
They don't have anything!
Now, the story behind the song.
Granted, this is all somewhat tongue-in-cheek. It's not like I *NEEDED* anything, but overall this town is somewhat limited in shopping. Target is no exception. The first time I truly ran into this was shopping for Amy-used-to-be-Pinner's baby shower gift. From her ENTIRE registry, the Target in our town had exactly 1 item in stock. Guess what I sent? That one item.
Well, the baby registry issue struck again. I was shopping for two friends' babies. One back home and one of Matt's coworkers. I went with Rachel's list (dear from from back home due 2 weeks after we are) first, excited to see what she had picked out. I checked for item after item after item on her registry. She should have received her gift by now, so it's safe to say the ONLY thing our Target had in the store from her registry was some board books. At least I'm a teacher, so it was kind of a fitting gift to give. But I *wanted* to give the nursing cover, or the little crocheted booties, or the sleeper and matching cardigan. Then I pulled out Matt's coworker's registry. I'm not kidding, the ONLY thing on their registry our Target had in the store was crib sheets. So, guess what I bought them. That's right, crib sheets.
Then to top it ALLLL off, there have been these great Huggies printable coupons people have been using to buy large $5.99 packs of wipe refills for $0.99. Mom tried it out back home, and I was SO excited to use them. Oh yeah, except OUR Target.... doesn't have that size in stock right now! Of COURSE not. I'll spare you the story of biting the bullet and buying a different (though still totally legit) size of wipes refills and receiving the STINK eye from the cashier who refused to let us use the coupons and basically looked at me like I was trying to break the law or something with them. Yeah, I'll especially spare you the part of that story where this pregnant lady dissolved into tears in the parking lot. Thank you, thank you, Lord, for my dear sweet husband being with me when that happened. :) Think the hormones have kicked in? I'm glad when they do, it makes me teary instead of grumpy and mean. Matt's thankful, too. ;)






1 comment:
Thanks for brightening my day with a picture of Veggies. :) I like your song, by the way. Ha. Mom
Post a Comment