Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just Kickin' It

That's right, baby K is kicking away! It's pretty much a multiple times per day occurrence and definitely more than just flutters. This baby all out jabs and kicks!

I started feeling it around 15 weeks (and maybe once at 13). At first it was just a kick or flutter a couple times a week. Now it's enough that for the first time tonight.... MATT FELT THE BABY KICK!! His eyes got really big and he grinned ear to ear! I didn't think the kicks were quite strong enough yet, but I told him they were definitely much stronger this week. He tried when I told him I felt the baby kicking, and before I knew it, it was obvious he felt his little one. :)

Also, today I talked with my principals about the plan for next year. They were extremely gracious and supportive and will allow me to/help me get a leave-of-absence for next year. Now I just have to break the news to a few of my students' parents who have 2nd graders and were hoping I'd have the younger siblings next year, too. I also told my principals I'm planning to stop early in May to adjust and settle in at home, but I'll tell my class that later.

We are doing well, getting back into the swing of things after Christmas, and counting down (and praying over!!) our ultrasound in 11 days! :)

We hope you are well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWIE KAZOWIE!!! YEA for Daddies feeling the kicks of little babies!
We're SO EXCITED for both of you!
Can't wait to feel it ourselves!!

Love,
G-Ma and G-Pa

Joy said...

Yipppeeee!