I know I've used that in the past on our old blog to write about going back to work, but there's nothing else that seems quite as fitting to me. :)
Today was the first day back to work for both Matt and me since December 22! That's right, on December 23 our bags were packed and we headed out to spend Christmas time with family. :) Our first stop was in SC to see Matt's family. We got to see his parents, sister, her fiance, and our niece (for her first Christmas!!). It was the first time we had seen them since our niece was born AND our first time to see them since telling them about our own little-one-on-the-way. :) We got to join in on the Kubo family Christmas traditions that we miss when we're not there for the actual day of Christmas like the Christmas Eve service at the church there and a Christmas Eve gathering and gift exchange at Matt's mom's best friend's house (we got a recipe book from the local museum guild that includes recipes from Matt's mom and his mom's best friend!). Matt got to go hunting with his dad one morning, though it rained on them the whole time and they did not see the mighty buck they hoped for. We also got to hang out with Matt's friend (and mine, too) Tyson. We're so glad he was in town (he's a pilot), and then we also all went over to catch up with Matt's other friends Rick and Katy. Thank you everyone for making so much time for us! We loved seeing you all and being with you!
The Sunday after Christmas, we headed back onto the road for TN. Brad and Joy were able to bring themselves and the kids over every night (I think, it starts running together) which was so fun! We had a great time with our niece and nephew. Then my brother Matt and his family came back to town from Chicago, and we got to see them too! I can't believe how big all the kids are getting! I got to spend time with one of my former Bible study leaders and a dear friend, we got to play games with Brad and Joy (I won Catan!!!), and Matt even went back to play more games with them on New Year's Eve. I was craving some MOM time, so I stayed home that night. :) I even got to go meet Jessica and Melissa for a quick catch-up that I wasn't expecting. It was so nice to be home, but it passed SO quickly!
Sammy was a champ the entire time. And she slept for about 2 days when we got home to FL (Friday and Saturday). I think she usually sleeps while we're at work (what else are you going to do in a crate all day?), and she was up most of the day on vacation. Especially in TN where there were little ones to throw Cheerios and balls at her. :) She was quite the Christmas dog with her jingle bell collar and candy cane scarf. :)
It's been an adjustment to gear up for work and actually go back today. I have a more gradual transition than Matt, because my kids have 2 days of testing Tuesday and Wednesday. Matt had to jump back full force! But he is THE BEST! He came home today so the repairman could fix our garage door (the spring broke the day we left). It's as good as new AND cheaper than the very fair estimate we were given! Our showers are also draining (they were slow when we left and clogged when we returned) after Matt told them who's boss. :) AND he decided he wants to start going to work when I do! That man rolled out of bed by 6:15 this morning and was dressed and ready to leave for work when I left at 7! Isn't he amazing? He deserves a hand. :) And a gold star. And maybe a cookie, too. :) Not only that, but he has started peeling the wallpaper border backing that was left on the nursery's wall from previous owners. So far it's coming off really easily (what a praise!). I really appreciate all the time and work he's putting in around here.
As for me, I'm still exhausted! Everyone told me my energy would be back by 16 weeks. Let me tell you... I'm 18 weeks on Wednesday, and my energy must still be south for the winter! I'm honestly not wanting to sound complain-y, I am just surprised! So I'm still trying to take thing easy and not overdo it. I cannot believe we see our baby 2 weeks from today. I was flipping through a PBK catalog today that had sweet little boys and girls in it. And it was crazy to imagine having one of those myself. What a new chapter this begins! I think we are pretty much set to announce the name once we know if the baby is a boy or a girl. That was not our original plan, but what can I say? We are excited!!! :) The boy name is totally set, and the girl name has undergone one first name change and possibly a middle name change. I hope the baby "cooperates" on the 19th so we can start calling him or her by his or her name!! Doesn't that sound good to you, baby?? Most of all though, we hope they doctor finds a healthy baby inside. I haven't posted any pictures, because you seriously could not tell at all I am pregnant until maybe a week ago. And even now, I do not look pregnant unless I pull my shirt tight over my stomach. Then, just above my belly button, you can see the very beginnings of a baby bump popping out. I will post a picture once it's a little more obvious. I guess I expect it to just really pop out overnight some time and totally surprise us!
Lastly, Mom, Brad, and Joy were kind enough to take us to Babies R Us and go through the store registering for ender-neutral items. Once we (hopefully) know if Baby K is a boy or a girl, we'll add some more gender-specific items. But we wanted their advice as we went through the store (especially having seen what lasts through more than one child and both a girl and a boy), so that was our chance. :) It is crazy how many options there are for things! Whoa. We reallllly appreciate their input and the couple hours they spent with us in the store. I am still amazed we, Matt & Becca, have a baby registry! That means.... we're having a baby! :)
Alright, I'm definitely rambling now. Stay tuned for some Christmas pictures soon. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year finds you taking great JOY and HOPE in our Lord who makes ALL THINGS NEW!
Blessings,
Becca
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
YEA for an update! And YEA for your visit!! It was SOOOO good to spend time with you. What a sweet celebration of our Savior's birth!
My goodness we are anxious for the 19th to get here! What FUN it will be if we get to know what's inside! :) He or she is a precious gift from God's hand, that's for sure. We LOVE you! Mom
Post a Comment