Monday, December 22, 2008

15 Weeks 5 Days

Today was our third appointment with the midwives. We loved today's midwife, so that's two in a row we have loved--praise the Lord! :)

It was very quick, even more in-and-out than the last time. I've lost 2 more pounds (only been sick once this whole time!), my blood pressure was 110/68 (thanks, Mom, for the great blood pressure!), and everything is going smoothly--praise the Lord!

After the midwife met us in her office, she pulled out the doppler to find the heart. At first she couldn't find it (Matt remained calm, I started to freak out in my head but knew this happens a LOT). She said the doppler she was using is their worst one and went to get the "best" one instead. When she came back, instant heart beat (WHEW! THANK YOU, LORD!). The heart rate was up to 158 beats per minute (she held it for me to see so I could tell Matt) compared to 145 bpm last time. :) Even though she said she pays no mind to the old wives' tale about heart rate and the baby's sex, she said her gut feeling is "girl." Hmmmmmm... we're still convinced it's a boy.

And guess what...... we'll hopefully find out who's right on January 19!! Mark your calendars! Our next appointment is January 19th at 4:00! I am still hoping we might sneak a free ultrasound at the community college in before that, and maybe get a sneak peek at the baby's sex. But January 19th is the big day!

We'll keep you posted! Thank you for your prayers for a strong, healthy heartbeat (and she found it up higher today... which makes sense, but it's so amazing to think of the baby getting bigger and being up higher and higher in my stomach!). I know the next 4 weeks (less than 30 days--hooray!!) will fly (I hope)! We're still deciding on a fun way to announce the sex (hopefully), but we'll be SURE to let you know after we find out. :)

Have a very merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Woo Hoo! Rejoicing with you!

Anonymous said...

We're So thankful that you had a GREAT appointment!

We love you three!!!

Mom and Dad