The countdown is on.... okay, so not THAT one (the due date one). The ultrasound one. Our ultrasound is now less than a week away (Monday the 19th). I can hardly believe it!! Less than a week until we see our baby! Less than a week until we hopefully know if it's a boy or a girl! Less than a week until we'll probably reveal the baby's name. Less than a week until we find out if we're having a son or a daughter (I told my mom that thinking about it in those terms really made it "hit:). We, Matt and Becca, have a son or daughter right now. That is WILD!!!
And for those keeping score at home, I still mostly think it's a boy. But all my dreams have turned back to girl (!). I'm utterly confused. :) And I hope Monday's appointment can clear things up! ;)
School is going well. We're back in the groove. The talk of FCAT is increasing now that we're past Christmas, but my class as a whole is not freaking out about that. I am glad! They work hard and just need to keep working hard. :) No fizzling out before March! Last week we had 2 days of "benchmark" testing (not FCAT), so that significantly reduced instruction and activity time. Then this week and next week are 4 day weeks. I'm squeezing in all I can, though! Today we talked about January celebrations for social studies. During social studies, we listened to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech, read a book and some information about him, and then they made a mini-poster of what equality and fairness mean to them. This afternoon, we talked about Chinese New Year and they all made red paper lanterns. Then they added New Year's resolutions to the top and bottom of the lantern. :) In reading, they got to look through several books about inventions at one of their centers. Then they are choosing one invention and writing a short report about it. They are LOVING it! Last week we also did a really cool center activity. Our main selection was Dear Mrs. LaRue (you should read it if you haven't). It's about a dog who is sent to obedience school. He writes letters to his owner, Mrs. LaRue, begging her to come pick him up. He paints a picture of the obedience school as the most dreadful place ever, when it's actually very cushy--but he misses her! The illustrations are fantastic--some are in color, and those represent what Ike the dog is truly experiencing at obedience school. Some are in black and white, and they represent what Ike wants Mrs. LaRue to think it's like. Last week the students got to write a letter to Mrs. LaRue as if they were Ike, or they could take Mrs. LaRue's point of view and respond to one of Ike's letters from the book (one of our skills was characters' perspective). They did the most AMAZING job with it! Other teachers have even commented! I hope to bring some home and scan them for you to see. You will not believe the detail they picked up on from the book and the ways they incorporated the book's language, tone, and patterns into their own letters. I was/am so proud of them! :)
This weekend we spent some time working around the house. The nursery is now free of wallpaper border backing that was left by previous owners. Everything is piled in the middle of the room so we could reach the walls..... but at least the border is gone. :) Then we tidied up, because we hosted Bible study this week. Sammy has been snug as a bug as the weather has actually turned cold here in FL (for us, anyway) after having highs in the 80s our first week back from Christmas (!)
Matt is doing great at work! He's such a whole-hearted worker and gives 110%. The pilot launch of his newest project is on Jan. 20th (next Tuesday), and I am so thankful and proud of the way he is right on top of everything. Lord willing, it should go very smoothly. We are both so thankful for his boss and coworkers. They are such a blessing!
I should probably head out now and look at my to do list (which includes bathing sweet Sammy)! We hope you are well, and we will be sure to update you next Monday! YOU be sure to check back and hopefully we'll have a big announcement!! :)
Love,
Becca
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I cannot decide if I am most excited about having a name or having a gender! It is such a mixed bag of excitement!!! ;) We are excited that things are going well and we are greatly looking forward to the big news!
I guess I can't really hold my breath until Monday - but boy oh boy (or girl oh girl) are we ever excited to hear!!!!!
We love you tons and heaps!!
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment