- Nov. 24, our 2nd appointment with the midwives. They will try to find the heartbeat at this appointment. Lord willing, it will be good and strong, and then we will really start spreading the news! Once the heart can be heard from the outside (with a doppler), the baby has developed enough that the risk of miscarriage drops to 5%. We praying for a great visit!
- Nov. 26, the end of the first trimester! Wow, it has flown by. We're already over 1/4 of the way through the pregnancy, and we're about to hit the 1/3 mark. This is also relieving, because as many of you know, the first trimester includes the greatest chance for miscarriage.
- Nov. 27, Thanksgiving with family! We will get to tell my maternal grandmother, Uncle Randy, and Aunt Janie about the baby--in person! We'll also get to see my brothers and their families, whom we have not seen since we told them we're expecting. And in just a month, we'll be in SC, and we'll see Matt's family whom we have not seen since telling them about the baby. :)
I was relaxing on the couch the other day and felt some twinges. At first I wondered if I could really be feeling the baby this early. It was like little pops in one area. But I have yet to read an account of a first-time mom feeling the baby this early. And his/her bones are just starting to harden into bone, instead of cartilage. I think it's more likely it was muscles stretching, but I'll keep you posted if it happens again. It certainly made me excited for when it IS the baby moving about inside! :) And muscles stretching is a good sign of someone growing inside!
We are really excited to start telling everyone about the baby. It's the biggest secret we've kept as a couple! And we've kept it almost 2 months from almost everyone we planned to wait and tell. :) We thought Thanksgiving would be such a fun and special time to tell our extended family and friends. I'm also excited to tell my class. I'm still debating a couple different ways to tell them, but I'll let you know what I pick and what their reactions are! I'll be telling them sometime before Christmas (whenever I work up the nerve to tell my principals).
Alright, I think that's about it for now. We'll keep you posted after the appointment tomorrow!
Love,
Kx3




No comments:
Post a Comment