Our baby's heart rate was 145 today! The midwife was wonderful, and she told us before 15 weeks it can be hit or miss as to finding the heart beat (depending on the baby's position...it could still be too low). She assured us not to panic if we couldn't hear it. But, praise GOD, He was/is so gracious to us! We heard the AMAZING sound right away! I laughed when I heard it (from surprise and joy), and the baby moved. Then she found it again, and we could hear it even stronger! We even heard the baby kick!! It was the most incredible thing. And I am so, so thankful. It is unbelievable that a baby is actually inside. Mind boggling, humbling, and sooooo exciting all at the same time!
The midwife said all my bloodwork came back perfect. I even have O+ blood, so I do not have to get the rhogam shots!! :) Hooray! :) I have also lost almost 6 lbs. in the last 4 weeks, and I haven't thrown up even once! I just have no appetite whatsoever. They said they're not worried, and that's really common the first trimester.
We go back Dec. 22 for our next appointment; just before Christmas. :) We should have our "big" ultrasound and try to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl in mid- to late-January.
So, we are going out to eat to celebrate tonight. And the day after tomorrow we are going home!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Woo Hoo for 145!!! Can't wait to see your faces very very soon!!!
I'm so thankful you could hear that sweet sound! We can hardly wait to see you - and to hold your precious one in our arms. (7 more months!) Love, Mom
Post a Comment