Sunday, August 31, 2014

Six on Sunday

1.  Happiest of all is that this is a long weekend.  Matt has Monday off!  A bonus Daddy-day!!!!!!  That makes ALL of us extra happy. ;). No big plans for the weekend.  Maybe washing our cars, hanging some curtains (finally... They've been tucked into the tops of the blinds since last Fall), and having my parents over for dinner Monday--Matt will be smoking BBQ all day.  We invited more if the fam, but they had other plans.

2.  Asa helped Matt mow the backyard this week. He loooooves to help mow!


Anna Reaghan watched from the sidelines.



And Lila did her usual "you can't make me eat this" open mouth baby food game.


3.  We had a tiny bit of success on Fridat when Lila swallowed 3-4 bites without even gagging. ;). Maybe we're getting somewhere!

4.  Lila also has her first TWO teeth.  One cut through last Friday night, and the next followed suit four days later.  They are difficult to see here, but I promise they are there. Her little bottom teeth. I cannot believe her toothless baby grin will be a thing of the past. Nooooooooooo. I am in denial about this whole growing up thing. Maybe she can be a baby forever?!?


5.  I purchased this fabric at a great deal to recover the cornice board in the study.  It was covered in a deep red fabric with elephants with a little boy riding them and small trees.  It felt very Jungle Book to me.  I kept wondering where Baloo was. ;). I chose this to replace it.  Pics to cone of the before/after.


6.  I have checked a number of other (minor) house projects off our to do list.  The list ranges from simple and free tasks like hanging up Lila's newborn pictures to time consuming and expensive tasks like constructing built in storage in the study. I did some of the little things like hanging Anna Reaghan's moon in her room--for Christmas Matt chose a light up moon for AR.  She loves the moon and this cool "toy" lights through all the moom's phases.  She is delighted with it, so I am very glad we finally got to hanging it.  I also hung three of Lila's newborn photos and have one more to hang. Lastly, I sewed a rod pocket in the fabric we purchased for Asa's curtain and actually hung it instead of tucking it into his blinds--one bedroom down, three to go! 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Such a sweet daddy's helper...and little sis keeping an eye on them. Gotta love the little girl trying to figure out how to eat that stuff! :)