We've had a pretty low key week thanks to SNOW. When I went to bed Monday night, the forecast included the possibility of a dusting of snow. When I woke up Tuesday morning, it was cold but no snow. I took Asa to school, and then Anna Reaghan and I went to Trader Joe's. Flurries started on our way there. By the time we got out of TJ's (and it's not like we were there terribly long), the school system decided to dismiss early in anticipation of the snow. So we headed straight back to pick Asa up--he'd been at school 1 hour. :) In that short time, some snow was starting to stick to the cold ground, but we only slipped at one stop AND we made it up our driveway (I wasn't sure we would). The kids ran around the driveway in the flurries and then grabbed their rakes and played "snow plow." On Tuesday is snowed all day long. I took the kids back out a little later because they were so anxious to play in the snow that accumulated. When the snow stopped, we had 3 inches! That is a LOT for the Tennessee valley!! We played more in the snow yesterday, and school is STILL out today. Our driveway melted completely yesterday (LOVE love love--our house faces the right direction to warm up as the sun comes up and for our driveway to melt right away. Quite different from the house we rented in Ohio where our driveway stayed in shade and got icy) and the city/county have treated even some of the side roads, so we can get out if we want to. We have another day to cuddle and play and "chill out" as Asa would say. I am thankful--Lila's days are numbered at this point, so I'm glad to have an extra day with Asa home. :)
We laughed at the irony of praying like crazy on Tuesday that Lila would stay put--especially that night. The snow came more quickly and "heavily" than anticipated (I realize 3 inches isn't heavy by Northern standards), so few roads were treated on Tuesday. I was a little nervous about going into labor Tuesday night. How would we safely get to the hospital? Thankfully my Bible study leader lives a few neighborhoods away and offered for us to call anytime--even the middle of the night--and they could drive us in their 4WD vehicle. That gave us a great measure of peace as we fell asleep that night. And I woke up Wednesday morning still pregnant! No snow storm baby. :)
Here are a few pictures of the kids' snowy adventures. :)
ready to play in the snow!
little lady snow plow :)
Asa decided the pool is a skating rink
Gobbling up snow. I promise I feed them!
YEA for snow!




No comments:
Post a Comment