Friday, August 23, 2013

Five in Friday

1. Our biggest event of this week was Asa's first day of preschool on Tuesday (and second day in Thursday). He told me he was "a little excited and a little nervous," but he didn't cry! That's a huge victory for us. :). And I only started to well up after I walked out if his room down the hall.  But I spotted some friends and that distracted me long enough to compose myself. :)

2. I also tried out our church's moms group.  I am trying to decide which small group is the best fit.  You usually go by the age of your oldest child, but I think the group geared toward moms whose first child is AR's age will fit better, and the leader of that group told me I am welcome to join them.  I think it will allow me to have some play dates of AR while Asa is at school, and I think some of those moms are expecting their second babies around the same time as Lila is due which would work out quite nicely as well.  Being an introvert, I am proud of myself for going. :)

3.  Tomorrow we are finally having Anna Reaghan's birthday party! Her birthday was in the middle of July, but with the move we decided to postpone her party.  It is pink + pinwheel themed, and we'll be decorating homemade cupcakes. :)

4.  Matt and his dad put flooring in the attic last weekend for storage purposes, so maaaaaybe this weekend we can get the holiday decorations up there--freeing up the space for Matt to park in the garage along with my van!! Woo hoo! That is an exciting prospect.

5.  Yesterday I "won" a pass to shop a local consignment sale early with the consignors.  I was mainly interested to browse the maternity clothes (still filling in some gaps as I haven't really needed maternity clothes in cold seasons w previous pregnancies), and I found a sweater, dress, and pair of khakis for me, a sweater and dress for Anna Reaghan, and a sweet little fleece top + pants for Lila as our newborn clothes from AR are all for a summer baby! :). All great prices (unlike the last consignment sale I browsed). Success!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We are so proud of your sweet boy! And I'm glad you ran into friend after you dropped him off. BTW - Marla is speaking at PEP Mom in October!!! :) :) We can hardly wait to celebrate sweet AR tomorrow!!!!