I settled on a pinwheel + pink + cupcake birthday party. Since she's still pretty little, I thought "decorate your own cupcake" would be a fun "main activity" for the party. I went to Pinterest for inspiration and had so much fun executing the details. :)
I collected pinwheels throughout the spring and summer, especially as they went on clearance at various stores. I also made several pinwheels to decorate the house and the party hats. We re-used some of the mantle decor from our baby reveal party last weekend and swapped all the blue balloons out for extra pink balloons. :)
For the cupcakes themselves, I followed a recipe my friend linked to on her blog (check out Teeny Kitchen). They were delicious!! I followed the buttercream recipe from that link as well, and Matt said it was the best icing I've ever made.
We had several treats to choose from to top the cupcakes, a pink punch to drink, leftover pink marshmallows from last weekend's party :), some spiral taffy kabobs, and 2 kinds of pinwheels on sticks--cinnamon rolls and pesto roll ups (for those more inclined to a savory taste since everything else was so sweet).
We are SO thankful to be in our own home AND live near family so we can get to host celebrations at OUR house and include people we love!
Here are some photos from the party. :) We LOVE you, sweet Anna Reaghan!!
waiting for her cupcake toppings
most excited about the gummy bears
She blew them both out her first try!
frosting nose!
Loving her new kitty AND bear IN her new bug chair
a doll bed and bedding Mimi *made* for her




2 comments:
The sweetest party ever! SO much fun watching her precious face!
Thank you for the recipes!!! :)
Post a Comment