1. Cramming as many boxes into our cars as we possibly can
2. Cramming as many car-filled runs to the new into one day--when Matt works all day and I have 2 little helpers ;)--as we possibly can.
3. And now we are one day from moving day!! Matt has been amaaaaaazing. He has brought up all the boxes from our basement storage room (trust me, this alone was a Herculean effort) and all our holiday decorations from a different basement closet. All the holiday boxes are at the new house along with the vast majority of the storage room boxes. He also loaded our cars with all the kitchen boxes, so they are already at the new house AND....
4. Unpacked!! My mom helped me pack the kitchen one night, and then she p,ayed with the kids yesterday so I could set up the new kitchen. I love it!! I think I'll even have an *unused* drawer and shelf or two!! Incredible! :)
5. We also started setting up Asa's new room which includes his first twin bed. I have been a little nervous about his enthusiasm over a big boy bed enduring the actual move. He's a sweet boy who tends to resist change and be rather slow to process change. But so far he's elated about his new bed and wants to pretend to sleep on it (over and over) every time we stop by the new house! It's a game Anna Reaghan has appropriately named "night night." Her part in the game is to close herself in his walk in closet and then cry or someone to release her... Again and again. ;). I love the 2 shades of blue we selected for his room (above and below white chair rail that was already installed). Love. And I found an incredible deal on some decor that matches the colors and transportation theme if his new room.
Bonus: Anna Reaghan's room is alllllmost done being painted. I changed my mind about the color going on 3 of her walls. After seeing the first coat, I didn't feel like the color had the warmth I was looking for. So we found a different shade we hope will do the job. :). Pics to come of both rooms--and the rest of the house! :)




1 comment:
Where is the like button? So excited for you guys.
Post a Comment