Friday, April 19, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  We LOVE the amazing weather we've had lately!  We had some rain Tuesday and today, but overall we get LOTS of time to play outside each day.  We ALL love it. :)  We play in our driveway and yard, at G-Ma's house, at the park with friends.  We play chalk, balls, tricycles, strollers, looking for bugs, bubbles, and go for walks.  YEA, SPRING!

2.  I think along with spring's arrival and the blooming buds, we are seeing signs of allergies in Anna Reaghan.  She's had a runny nose ever since the weather became nice and we started spending so much time outside.  She doesn't seem terribly bothered by it, but I am running the humidifier in her room because she started sounding a little hoarse the last day or two.  We do not want another ER visit, thank you very much!

3.  We took some pictures last weekend in our belated Easter clothes since we were sick Easter weekend.  I will give them their own post though, as they include the dress I sewed for Anna Reaghan!

4..  We do not have big plans for this weekend.  I think we might pick up some sand for the kids' sandbox now that it's nice.  And our neighborhood is having a garage sale on Saturday we might peruse for fun. :)  We thought we were going to see a house on Sunday, but that is no longer in the plan because...

5.  We have a contract on a house!!!!  AAHHHHH!  EEEEEK!  YEAAAA! :)  I can't believe we found something so quickly!  But it's beautiful, in such a convenient location (5 minutes from Matt's work!!).  We should have the inspection next week, Lord willing, and then the appraisal and such, of course.  If everything goes smoothly, we should close the last week of June!  I know I would like to paint the kids' rooms and the kids' bathroom before we move in, but other than that it should be pretty move-in ready (!!!!!!). :)  We'll eventually paint the dining room and the kitchen, but of those two only the kitchen could potentially be added to the pre-moving to-do list.  And I've considered painting the bonus room, but we'll see.  It's a very neutral color right now, so I need to decide if I want to leave it neutral or give it a little color. :)

You can imagine our week has been busy with finalizing things about the house.  It was listed last weekend, and I had a showing on Monday.  I could not believe how amazing the house was, but the yard was smaller than we envisioned.  We agonized Monday night thinking back and forth and knew Matt needed to see it for himself.  When we went back, I realized that even though there is a slope in the back yard, there is a large enough flat area for kicking a ball around or playing catch.  We both had a very calm peace about it.  I thought I would have an anxious, "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS HOUSE!" response when we found "the one." But we were both strangely calm and knew we wanted to make an offer and see what happened.  A verbal offer was on the table from the day before, so I honestly figured we'd get outbid in the end.  But we wanted to TRY and make room for God to work if this was to be OUR house.  And that sure seems to be what He's done!  Our offer was accepted--no counter-offer!  I love so many details about the floor plan, including that no bedroom shares a wall with another bedroom.  That's nice with little ones who sometimes wake up with a bad dream, etc.  Hopefully they won't wake each other up with a little space between them. ;)  We are excited to share pictures as the process moves along!! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

YEA for spring! BOO for allergies!
WOO HOO for a new, wonderful, God-given house!!!!

I love you!!!