Friday, April 12, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  Funny how my last post was about being sick with a sinus infection.  Then Anna Reaghan came down with a stomach bug and "kindly" shared with me. :(  I came down with it the Saturday before Easter, so we spent Easter Sunday holed up in our house keeping our germs to ourselves.  It was not the way I had imagined our first Easter home/first Easter with family in 8 years, but we streamed the church service Sunday morning and my parents dropped off a cooler of food for Matt to enjoy (I did eat some mashed potatoes, but that was all that seemed palatable).  Matt fought a mild upset a day or two later, and Asa made it through unscathed.  We HAD this bug go through our family a few weeks ago--Asa had it badly, Matt had it not so bad, and AR and I had it very mildly.  I guess our mild escape the first time came back to bite us later!

2.  Asa has said some rather amusing things lately.  It's fun to hear comments or questions that show his recollection of past events or his take on current family events.  In the van driving home from errands he told me out of the blue, "I like to go on vacation.  I like to go on vacation to Nana & Poppy's and G-Ma & G-Pa's.  I like to go with Charis and Cai."  It turned out he was saying he liked when we went to the beach with family last year and stopped over at Nana & Poppy's on our way to the beach and on our way back home.

Then last night he had two more memorable comments.  Again out of the blue he started talking about vacation, so we told him we're going to visit Nana & Poppy for Poppy's birthday later this year, and that his birthday is right after Poppy's.  Immediately he said, "I am so excited!  I will be so happy for my birthday!  Mommy, make sure you have party hats for everyone who comes to my birthday party."  He has definitely been indoctrinated into my family if he is requesting party hats. ;)  LOVE it!

Lastly, we were driving around town when we heard Asa pretending to be on the phone in the back of the van.  He was chit chatting and then commented, "That one is on Zillow."  LOL!  Can you guess WHY we were driving through a neighborhood?  He didn't actually recognize a house on Zillow, but he HAS heard a lot of "house" talk around our home lately. ;)

3.  We are house hunting!  Our lease isn't up until September, but we wanted to take advantage of houses as they come on the market in the busy spring season.  So we picked April as our starting point.  We saw 2 houses the first weekend (technically still March ;)), and one was a house we had reallllllly hoped would be just right.  Both needed a lot of work to be ready to  move in, and we did not have peace about either of them--as much as we wanted that one to work (huge back yard!  View of the mountains!).  Our realtor took me to see 2 more yesterday, and I liked both of them!  For the first time I could actually SEE our family in a house we looked at. :)  I want Matt to go back and see them both.  I don't know that either one is THE one yet, but they are both major contenders which is SO encouraging!  We are continuing to pray for peace and God's guidance--that He will clearly open and close doors AND that Matt & I will be in agreement. ;)

4.  We played outside about/over an hour every day this week until the rain rolled in.  It has been AMAZING!  Actually it has been even a bit warmer than usual, but we are loving being outside and going for walks.  I hope it keeps up!!

5.  Anna Reaghan is still keeping us on our toes.  She is just busy, always moving, always getting into things, and pretty much always quite cheerful. :)  She is very aware of others feelings, and will often bring Asa something she knows is comforting to him if he is upset about something.  She promptly shares with him a LOT more than I would expect of an almost-2-year-old.  Don't get me wrong, she has her moments we look at each other and say, "Wow! Someone is showing she will be 2 soon!"  But overall she quite sensitive and looks out for others. :)

No comments: