Here it is! My first layout for Project Life!
There are lots of ways to use the materials. Some people use it to document a picture for every day of the year. Others to document a trip or a child's first year, a wedding album, etc. I wanted to make a family album. I make our children photo books (through Shutterfly, etc.) throughout their first year and then a digital scrapbook each year. But I have not had a place to focus on our family and to be able to include actual memorabilia. Project Life is a SIMPLE system of pocket pages and cardstock inserts. You do not have a lift a pair of scissors if you don't want to, and there is no need to drag out embellishments.
I went through the scrapbooking supplies I have left (I got rid of a lot in our last 2 big moves) and pulled some cardstock and stickers in case I want to add a little something extra. But I feel NO pressure to make the pages full of "extras." That makes this feel very "do-able" to me, especially as a mom with young children. I have one simple cube in our room that is storing my album, pocket pages, inserts, and those few crafting supplies. I pull it out on the weekend when I slide everything into place. It's that easy. My pages document Sunday through Saturday each week. On Sundays I'll complete the spread for the previous week.
Thank you, Ashley, for giving me the encouragement to jump into PL when I'd been eyeing it for a couple of years. :) You were the push I needed! As always, you can LEFT click on an image to see it in full size. :)
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
It's wonderful! I love it! What a fun way to remember such precious days!!!
Off to a great start! I love seeing all the variety from everyone!
Welcome to the addiction known as Project Life :) I started my album out with Cobalt last year and still love the colours. You will be so happy that you started this project!
That's really wonderful that you decided to start PL this year - you definitely won't regret it! I like keeping mine simple as well, as it makes it so easy to keep up with every week.
Ronnie xo
Post a Comment