Friday, January 11, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  Last night was an adventurous night for Asa.  He had been in bed abut 30 minutes when I heard him start screaming and crying hysterically.  That happened a few weeks ago, and it turned out one of his "guys" had "fallen" out of bed and was in the middle of the floor.  Last night I found ASA in the middle of the floor!  Oh no!  He is still in a crib.  Every time we've been prepared to switch him to a twin bed, we've moved!  His bed is his "safe" place, so we've kept him in a crib each move because he has needed that security and familiarity.  Apparently a toy near his bed wasn't propped up just right the way he wanted, so he reeeeeached over the crib rail trying to fix it.  I'm sure you can see where this is going.  He reached  just a liiiiiittle too far and landed on his head! :(  Thankfully, other than being quite scared he was just fine.  He fixed the toy to be just how he wanted, and then after some cuddles I got him tucked back in bed.  But not before he tried to pull a fast one on me.  "Mommy, I'm feeling a little sick.  If I watch some Bills (Little Bill) that will make me better."  That request was in reference to his most recent bout with a stomach bug during which he and I watched several episodes of Little Bill in the middle of the night while we waited to make sure his stomach was settled.  Nice try, Asa, but not quite.  He was delighted with a fresh book to look at in bed and went right to sleep shortly thereafter.  Again, I'm SO thankful he's okay thanks to the crazy thick carpet and padding in this rental--I didn't even hear him fall--and God's protection.

2.  As I finished dinner Wednesday  night, Anna Reaghan persistently pointed to the refrigeration saying, "Isz!  Isz!"  I thought she was asking for "This! This!" but every magnet I offered to her was met with a firm shake of her head--no.  Then I saw a picture of our niece, Izzy, on the fridge.  I asked AR if she wanted the picture of Izzy, and she said, "Yeah."  She walked around the house with is saying, "Isz.  Isz," until dinner was ready and asked for it again the next morning. :)

3.  We have had some mild afternoons (60s!) that we took full advantage of by playing outside and going for walks before rest time.  Asa, Anna Reaghan, and I have alllll loved the change of scenery and time outside.

4.  Matt has conquered the design for a complex instrument he was tasked to create. Yea!!

5.  I have Asa's 2nd year scrapbook COMPLETE and ready to order!  My favorite photo book site is having a BOGO sale right now, so I am planning to throw together Anna Reaghan's "watch me grow" book with her weekly pictures with Hopscotch (her giraffe like Asa's Snoodle dog) and then order them both!  I can't wait to see his album in print and to add hers to our collection! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So sorry Asa fell out of bed :( but I'm so thankful he's okay. I heard AR ask for Izzi's picture, too. :) So sweet. Love the picture books you make!!