Monday, September 24, 2012

Missed it Monday :)

I missed "Five on Friday," so here's the late edition of what we've been up to. :)

1.  We officially booked movers!  October 22 is the big day!  We had a couple companies give estimates, and there was a larger discrepancy in price than I anticipated.  Thankfully, the cheaper company is also the one that exhibited substantially better customer service.  They made it pretty easy to decide!  The estimate is well within our moving allowance from Matt's new company, too.

2.  Matt had his final business trip (we think) for his current company at the end of last week.  He flew out to San Diego for a cadaver lab from Thursday-Saturday.  The lab was successful, but we sure did miss him!  Asa especially was upset by his absence--I think it was especially "too much" given Asa's anxiety about the move--he asks all the time if moving day is today/tomorrow.  He's trying hard to understand but doesn't have a frame of reference for this and it's starting to show that it bothers him. :(

3.  Both kids were ECSTATIC to see Matt when he arrived back home.  They were both already in bed, but Asa had *just* gone to bed.  Matt went to see him, and I wish I had a recording of Asa's little voice saying, "HIIIII, Daddy!  I'm SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!"  Later in the evening, Anna Reaghan woke up and we went to check on her.  She was half asleep from having been asleep for hours and because she was battling a fever (boo :( ), so at first she didn't realize *Matt* picked her up out of her crib.  He handed her to me, and then she really *saw* Matt.  A wave of recognition flashed across her face and she said, "Hiiiii, Daddy!"  Oh it was precious!!!  After some snuggles, he handed her back to me again to take her temperature, and she started sobbing and holding her arms out to Matt.  He laughed gleefully and snatched her back for more cuddling. :)

4.  We worked on packing our closet this weekend.  Matt and I each pared down our clothing to what we think we'll wear over the next month and packed the rest in wardrobe boxes.  I had already weeded through a lot of mine deciding what to keep and what to give away, but Matt did the same for his clothes yesterday.  He was so excited about the giant pile of shirts and pants we can donate to Goodwill.  It really feels.so.good to get "stuff" out of the house.

5.  While cleaning out the closet, Matt came across our salt grinder in the back in the corner in the dark??  Four words:  "Anna Reaghan was here"  hehehe

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Maybe you need to install a movie camera in the kids rooms. I wish I could have been a mouse in the corner when they saw Matt! :)

YAY for cleaning closets. You go girl!

Heather said...

Haha, #5 has me giggling over here!

And, about #4 ... that was my favorite part of our recent move! Getting rid of so much stuff!