*Yeah, so there's no alliteration. Oh well. ;)
1. We had a nice, relaxing weekend. On Saturday morning we took the kids to an art festival hosted at a nearby park. It became pretty toasty outside, so we didn't stay terribly long, but it was nice to be outside and we saw several friends from church. :)
2. The kids both moved up classes in the nursery at church on Sunday. Asa is in a 3 year old room. I think he has at least one friend from his 2 year old class in his 3 year old class. I hope being there for Bible study on Wednesdays starting next week helps make it easier again. He doesn't love the way Sunday school is run (LOTS of transitions and such). But when we move to TN, G-Ma will be he Sunday school teacher!!! It doesn't get better than that!! :) AR is in the 13-17 month room. It has much more room to walk around and she seemed very happy and very quickly engaged as a result. YEA!
3. We are having a rainy day today, but that's okay because we plan to mostly stay "in" this week. We are hitting potty training hard core (we've just kind of let Asa go when he's interested up until now b/c we keep putting it off due to upheaval/road trips. He's shown interest since before AR was born, but I was afraid he's regress with a new baby, then we had a 2 week road trip for the holidays and looong road trips involved, then we had a spring road trip/beach house stay and a summer road trip, and the we found out we're moving!) We decided to just go for it and see if we can help Asa learn before we move). Wish us luck (and pray!) I know he can do it!
4. I packed a few more boxes this week/weekend. The basement is DONE (the storage side, not the playroom side), I packed AR's outgrown clothes, and I packed our photo albums/photo books and a collection of carved wooden animals we have. I think I MIGHT do our china next since we won't *need* that and I still have the dish packs from our last 2 moves. If we move again in a year or so to buy a house (Lord willing) in TN, we'll have moved 4 times between summer 2010 and summer 2013. WHEW! Hopefully we can take a nice, long break from moving after that. ;)
5. We've been trying to sell things on Craigslist that we don't want/need to drag with us across the country... AGAIN. So far we've sold 2 fans, 2 space heaters (all necessary at our first rental here in OH), a video game collectible Matt had, and an extra long/high baby/dog gate. We are still hoping to sell our 2nd tv, a computer cabinet, our snow blower (ha! We bought it last winter and used it twice!), HD tv antenna, bar stool, and a few other things. Come on, Craigslist!
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
YAY that you are moving to KNOXVILLE! :):):):):)
Post a Comment