Friday, June 22, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  It's Asa's birthday weekend!  Woo hoo!!  Last night was the 3rd anniversary of beginning his induction, but his birthday isn't until tomorrow.  We were in it for the LONG haul.  So worth it. ;)  We are having a Lightning McQueen party, and two families from church will be joining us.  I've been pinning ideas on Pinterest since at least Christmas, and I'm really excited about all the little Cars-themed touches I've been able to incorporate, like serving "Mater's Taters" potato chips and "Ramone's race cars" made of apple wedges and grape wheels (among other things).  I should have a full photo recap later this weekend. :)  Asa's party is in the morning, and then after rest time we are hoping to attend a festival at a nearby park for a fun close to his special day.  WE LOVE THAT BOY SO MUCH!!!!

2.  I made Matt a piece of UT wall art for Father's Day.  I am really happy with how it turned out. :)  He likes it too, so that is definitely a good thing. ;)


3.  My Silhouette has had quite the workout over the last week between Matt's gift, prep for Asa's birthday, and getting to make fun gifts like this, too.  We had a play date with a friend yesterday and it was her birthday.  She knits (amazingly), so I thought this was a fun little play on all the "Keep Calm and Carry On" variations that are so popular right now. :)


4.  Anna Reaghan loves playing with her walk-behind toy.  She is gaining more and more balance and stability.  I can't believe she'll be walking in the blink of an eye.  Unreal!

5.  We are thinking of and rejoicing with many in my family who is gathering in Mississippi to celebrate my cousin, Colleen's, wedding on Saturday!  OH how I tried and tried to make a way for us to be there too, but with 2 little ones who NEED to go to bed AT bedtime, we wouldn't have been able to really stay at the rehearsal dinner or reception.  But we will be thinking of Colleen, Justin, and the fam all weekend! :)

BONUS:  Matt was out of town last week as I mentioned, and he brought me home these beautiful flowers!

No comments: