1. Please bear with me over the next few weeks if blog posts are more sparse. We have to send in my laptop for some repairs, so I will mostly be on the iPad. And while it's fun and zippy, typing a lot on it can get a bit tiresome. :). While my computer is being fixed, I am hoping to dig into some craft projects and books, so I should have plenty to share when I am back in full force. :)
2. This week I pulled out a few toys the kids received for Christmas that we set back in their closets for a "rainy day." A great advantage to their birthdays being about 6 months from Christmas is spreading out the gifts they receive. I pulled out 2 toys we saved for once AR began crawling. One is a ball popping toy they both looooove. Asa's giggles as the balls fly around are just precious. I also opened a little walking dog toy AR received. Asa looooves it, too. So much so that we have had to talk about how it is Anna Reaghan's toy and sometimes Asa will need to wait his turn with it. This morning Asa was in fact having a turn and no one was trying to change/challenge that, but I turned and saw tears streaming down his face and pooled on the coffee table where he was playing! His little heart was just broken because he so badly wants it to be HIS puppy. Oh man. He has had a nice, long turn with it, and I will be researching a little walking puppy of his own for his birthday. Suggestions welcomed.
3. We are going to the library after lunch today. Asa is STOKED!!
4. We have fallen into a new nightly routine of taking a walk after dinner. It is such a fun time of hearing Asa chatter away about anything and everything he sees and watching AR take in all the sights and squeal at any neighborhood dogs. :) We have been arranging the seats in the double stroller so the kids actually face each other, snd that has been really fun too. They are interacting more and more and more!
5. Anna Reaghan is trying to mimic more and more things. Yesterday she saw me bopping my head along with a song a toy was playing, and she tried to wiggle her sweet head, too. I will try to get it on video. And during our walk, she tried to mimic some hand motions Matt and I were making as we walked and chatted. I need to ramp up the sign language I am using with her since she is paying so much attention and trying to copy movements. :)
Friday, May 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I want to see the head bopping. :) I wish I was a birdie in the stroller, too. MISS you all!
Post a Comment