Friday, March 30, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  The mow-no is coming!  The mower we ordered is "out for delivery" this morning.  Matt has asked each day since Wednesday, "Did the mower come?"  I can only imagine Asa's glee when a giant package is delivered (he LOVES packages) AND there is a mower inside the package (he LOVES mowers)!! :)  Guess what Matt will be doing this weekend? ;)

2.  I scored a few great deals this week.  I won a smocked birthday dress for Anna Reaghan for $11.50 on eBay.  I have had my eyes out for a birthday dress for a couple months, but they are usually a very hot commodity.  The one I won is a bishop style, so it should fit her as a dress this year and as a tunic or top next year!  She can wear it to all kinds of birthday celebrations for 2 years!  I'd say $11.50 for a smocked dress we can get that much wear out of it is a GREAT deal. :)  I also won a free hairbow in a Facebook giveaway!  Then the site that provided the hairbow notified me they have auctions once a week with starting bids at $1.  The owner offered to combine anything I won in an auction this week with my giveaway bow and give me free shipping on all of it.  Of course I had to check out last night's auction.  I won 2 more bows for a total of $5, and not just any bows.  A cute corker (the super curly ribbon kind) and a big, multi-layer boutique bow WITH matching bunny ears to be worn for Easter pictures (the bow can be attached--or not--to the bunny ears headband)!! :)  I'll be sure to post photos once we have them.

3.  Anna Reaghan is working on another tooth.  I told my mom I had forgotten the respite between rounds of teething can be so short.  Unlike Asa who was a nurseaholic when he was teething, Anna Reaghan is very uncomfortable nursing when she's teething.  I am learning to go with the flow on that and not stress out and become anxious about how she's eating.  I WILL be glad when this tooth pops through and she gets some relief though.  Sweet girl.  I think she will soon have 3 bottom teeth. :)

4.  Asa has been feeding Sammy a few pretzels this morning.  Sammy just woofed and Asa told me, "Sammy just asked for another one."  hehehe

5.  We filed our taxes this week.  Woo hooo!  Cross that off the to do list!  It was in all caps on the to do list and at the TOP of the to do list.  I'm so glad it's done. :)  Also, I heart Turbo Tax.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Yay for bunny headbands with bows. Can't wait to see a picture. Has Matt started the mower yet? :) I bet he'll have a little shadow when he does. :) Woo Hoo for taxes that are done. I hope to say that in the next week or so. Happy Saturday!!!