Wednesday, February 15, 2012

7 Months

7 Months old

How can it be?!  I know it say that every month, but how is your first year really over halfway through?  Gah!  Slow DOWN, little girl! :)

Here's a snapshot of Anna Reaghan at 7 months.  We have not finished her 7 month photo shoot because my camera battery died, but I'll post a few from yesterday and post a part 2 after we get to take the more casual pics. :)  AND next month we have a pro shoot with our photographer.  THAT will be fun now that Anna Reaghan is so happy and smiley. :)





  • mostly wearing 3-6 months, 6 months, and a few 6-9 month clothes
  • wearing size 2 diapers, but we might be moving to 3s soon.  I need to try one on and see how it fits.  You managed to pee out the BACK of your diaper last week while doing crib acrobatics, so that has me paying close attention to the fit of your diapers (and particularly the rise.. I think you must be getting longer)
  • you need your bows!  We have finally figured out a good placement that looks cute and keeps your hair out of your face AND stays put (mostly).  You are starting to get "wings" around your ears as the sides get long(er).
  • We just finished a "fun" stretch of waking every 2 hours at night.  I think it was teeth moving around in your sweet, pink gums, as you were also very drooly and chewy.  We still don't have any teeth to show for all those wakings, but I'm sure they'll poke through before we know it.
  • In general, you wake around 7:30 (+/- 30 minutes) and go to bed between 6:30-7:00.
  • You are usually waking to eat between 10 and 11 PM, and then you go about 4 hour stretches the rest of the night.  Unless those teeth are bothering you, you generally go right back to sleep after you eat.
  • You stay awake about 1-1.5 hours before you want your morning nap.  The rest of the day you're awake 1.5-2 hours before you nap.  Naps are usually 1-1.5 hours.  The third nap is often shorter or a miss, especially if you slept well the first 2 naps.
  • You have a knack for waking RIGHT when I put Asa down to rest.  Like, the minute I step out of his room.
  • Still not a fan of bath time after months of enjoying a relaxing bath.  Maybe it will be better when things warm up?
  • You are still eating sweet potatoes and butternut squash with gusto.  You also like avocado quite a bit, but it's a little harder for your tummy to process.  I think we might try some fruit next.
  • You love puffs!  The banana ones are your favorite.  We tried some that are made from greens, and you liked them but they really gave your tummy a hard time... so we gave them to Asa and Daddy instead. :)
  • You still take/need reflux meds.
  • The snarly smile is mostly on hiatus and we usually see your giant, open mouthed grin now. :)
  • Oh how we love you!! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

She is soooooooo sweet. We love that little girl!!!! :)