Saturday: on Saturday we woke up to so much snow! Thankfully as I mentioned, even our neighborhood roads were plowed and clear quickly. Matt attended the funeral of a man from our small group at church that morning. He passed away earlier in the week after a short battle with cancer that was just rampant. :( His sweet wife is the one who helped organize a get together celebrating Anna Reaghan when I was pregnant. They have been on our minds and hearts so much the past few months as doctors tried to figure out what was going on and then discovered the cancer. After Matt returned home, we had lunch, got settled in for naps, and the I ran to the store to pick up a few things we needed (including a case of water bottles as I realized we didn't have any for [winter] emergencies. I still need to find matches so we could light our stove if electricity were off). While I was gone, Matt used the snow blower to clear off the driveway. After naps, Matt played with Asa while I prepared dinner. The kids had baths, and then we tucked them into bed. :) We ended up eating after the kids were down, and it was nice to have a more relaxed dinner just the two of us. :) We usually like to eat as a family with all of us when Matt gets home from work, but it was like a little weekend date night "in" eating dinner and watching Gilmore Girls (we're working through my dvds of each season).
Sunday: This was my first Sunday back in the nursery since Anna Reaghan was born. I usually volunteer in the room she'd be in (we've only put her in the nursery one Sunday morning since she was born), but I thought she would not be very content if she saw me and I were doing anything other than holding her, and the 7-12 month room needed another person anyway so the director emailed me to just switch rooms for this month and we'll re-evaluate next month and see how AR is (as she'll be moving up to the 7-12 month room!). I heard her fussing a little when she was tired, so next time she's in there I'll tell them bouncing her on your knees tummy side down while patting her back is the best way to get her to nap if we're out and about. :) It felt like an eternity to be away from her (I fed her in between services and then took her back), so I think we'll kind of play it by ear until she's a little older and still take her with us to Sunday school sometimes, and then take her to the nursery during the sermon so it's not quite as long of a time apart. Asa was thrilled his class started off in the playroom, so that was an easy drop off--praise the Lord! :) During nap time on Sunday, I ran to the post office and Matt put Asa down. We try to have him get Asa down for nap by himself at least one weekend day each week to keep that option "open." Asa is ALL about routine and things being the same and familiar, so it can be tricky to change things up from what he's used to during the week (all mommy all the time), so we have worked hard to make it easier for someone else to do naps and bath time if needed. We worked really hard on bedtime before AR was born, and he WILL go to bed for my mom if she's visiting, but he's just in a rough spot with bedtime in general (separation anxiety) right now, so we're not pushing the "mommy not being there for bedtime" idea currently. ;) We had yummy baked sweet and sour chicken and friend rice again last night (we had it for the first time last weekend. It's so easy and tasty!), and Matt & Asa played in the snow while I finished cooking it. I loved looking out the window this morning and seeing the pairs of big and little footprints right next to each other trailing all around the yard. It was precious! :) We had a relaxing evening once the kids were in bed--a nice way to close the weekend. :)
Nothing big on the docket for this week. No doctor appointments scheduled, no "have tos" that I know of. I am hoping we might stop by the library one day this week to pick up some books and play in the children's area--maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Then Thursday is grocery day. ;) No snow being called for, so hopefully we can get out and about as we please. :)
Monday, January 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment