Friday, January 6, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  We are working through CSPC's children's scripture memory program with Asa.  He knows a few verses from different songs that we sing, but we decided to work through the CSPC book.  He learned Genesis 1:1 in one day!  He is SO excited to say it.  It makes my heart FULL.  We are praising God for the seeds He is planting in Asa's heart! :)

2.  I sewed Asa a train pillow last night while Matt hosted Bible study at our house.  Asa has been uneasy about the dark at bedtime lately, so we've taken to naming off fun, happy things to think about before we leave his room.  As I rattled off a list of his favorite things last night (airplanes, dogs, motorcycles, etc.) he added, "And trains?" and asked to sleep with a train.  We have a "no cars or trains in bed" rule (or he'd play instead of sleep), but I asked him if he'd like me to make him a train he could have in bed (like he has a Mcqueen pillow he sleeps with).  The answer was a resounding YES!  So I set to work.  It's not particularly beautiful, and it's very, very simple.  I don't have time to make the projects I REALLY want to make, much less construct an amazing 3d train pillow.  But Asa loved it and made it "chug" all around his bed when I gave it to him and wanted to bring it downstairs with him.  He exclaimed, "It's a train pillow!" :)

3.  I took some fun pictures of Asa and Anna Reaghan this week before we start taking our Christmas decorations down.  Seeing as how Advent was actually until Christmas Day and NOW it's technically Christmas (well, but today is Epiphany), I am determined to ignore that RUSHED feeling of "take down the tree, put away Christmas" when we get home from our travels.  So yes, all my Christmas is still "up."  I finally got some pics of them together (in their matching, smocked outfits!) by the tree and recreated some photos of AR in Christmas pjs Asa wore his first Christmas, too.









 

4.  I took AR's belated 5 months photos, too.







5.  We haven't given Anna Reaghan any more cereal since Tuesday as she seems a little bit... stopped up as a result.  Once things are moving again, we'll restart and probably cut the amount in half to make the transition a little easier on her tummy. ;)  But here's a picture of her first attempt last Sunday!



 



No comments: