3. Asa.
Asa changed my world in every way I hoped he would and more. I dreamed about being a mother from the time I was very little, and I had very high expectations of motherhood. He met those expectations and raised my eyes to an even bigger vision and understanding of what it means to nurture and care for a little person. A tiny little human created in God's image who is utterly dependent upon me for everything (at the very beginning, at least). When I think about Asa, I think about this picture I came across on Pinterest... and it makes me tear up:
Asa is a LIGHT of my life. I am thankful for his grins, his silly face, his laughter, his hugs and kisses that he doles out left and right... (just to name a few things) I have learned to love what he loves, because I love him so much (hello, we know every character of Cars, the technical names for different construction and farm vehicles, and I have to talk to him about bugs all day long). Having, knowing, and loving Asa has taught me so much about how God sees, knows, and loves me. I know I can never fully wrap my mind around that, but I am so thankful for an expanded understanding. And I am so, very thankful for Asa's tenderness toward the Lord. Stories and songs about God bring a light to his eyes that I pray leads to salvation for him.. from an early age. He is eager. He soaks it up. And I could not be more thankful for that.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment