Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful Day 15

15.  A Warm, Dry House

Living in Ohio has made me more acutely aware of the blessing of a warm, dry house.  In Florida, I may have been more thankful for a cool, dry house. ;)  But Ohio can be a pretty rainy place, and it's certainly a cold place 5-6 months out of the year.  I know we're only on the front end of our cold and snowy season, but as night temperatures creep lower, I am sincerely thankful for a warm place for my family to rest and live and share with friends.  I am sure I will feel increasingly more thankful as the temperatures plummet.  I have heard both that this winter will be worse than last year and that it will be more mild than last year.  I'm almost afraid to conduct my own research in case the former is indicated, but either way we will be taken care of.  The house is sound and God has provided for us the resources to heat our home.  And we have super comfy cozy blankets. :)

No comments: