Asa has a new love in town.
In our ongoing efforts to introduce dairy items to Asa so his body will increase its enzymes for breaking down dairy protein, we have started letting him have a small amount of cheese occasionally. So far that has meant sprinkling a tiny bit on some black beans or refried beans when we have Mexican food. But today I decided to make him a version of lunchables--you know, crackers, meat, and cheese. Instead of a light sprinkling of shredded cheese, he had a few actual pieces of cheese on his lunch plate. Once he worked up his nerve to try it, there was no going back! All he could say was, "Cheese! I eat it! I eat cheese! I wike (like) cheese! Asa eat it. Cheeeeeeese!!!!!" He ate the cheese on his plate and asked for more. Because this is the "most" dairy food he's ever eaten, we are taking it s-l-o-w-l-y. Dairy can do a number on his little tummy, so there was no more cheese in the cards for today. But that didn't stop him from asking! I told him he needed to try his meat and his crackers. So he stuffed two bits of the meat in his mouth, showed me that he was doing what I asked of him, and then said, "Asa wike more cheese." When I told him I was so glad he ate his meat but he would not be having more cheese, he promptly emptied the meat from his mouth. And he refused to eat anything else on his lunch plate (guess who was huuuungry at dinner!)!
So, move over, pancakes. There's a new food in town.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
G-Pa wike Asa!
Jack loves cheese, too!
Post a Comment