Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Rewind

We enjoyed a more low key couple of days this past weekend (the previous three included traveling and/or company).  We LOVE our families and are so glad we were able to spend time with them over the past month, but it was also nice to just do "whatever" on Saturday and Sunday this week.

Saturday:  We spent the time before lunch driving around the main section of our little town trying to find a mattress store I saw a sale flyer from.  It turns out I had the name of it wrong, so we drove right by it but dismissed it!  Regardless, it was nice to just drive around and chat (and note the leaves are starting to change color--yea and eek!).  After lunch it was nap time.  Asa went down, Matt held AR for her nap, and I escaped to a store with a $10 off coupon and a gift card.  After living in FL 5 years, my "fall" wardrobe is sorely lacking.  We filled in the gaps last year with some fleece shirts to wear over long sleeved t-shirts, but that's not cutting it this year.  I am finding that with feeling a little zombie-ish from residing in newborn-land, it helps me feel more awake and more "myself" to dress up even a LITTLE more than that.  A cute, fitted t-shirt goes a long way over a regular, old t-shirt right now.  So I found a couple shirts that will be a little more dressed up but still casual enough to wear everyday.  Anyway, Saturday  nap = shopping for Becca.  When I got back, I convinced AR that she was hungry (she often takes convincing in the afternoon... if she's having a good day she's realllllly relaxed after naptime). :)  Then we piled back into the car and checked out a shoe store.  They had a style I've been eying and it was JUST as cute in person.  Oh, they are so cute!  We're again looking for the "dressy casual" style of clothing/shoes for fall.  The problem is that they're pretty flat, and in the past my feet have felt pretty fatigued by the end of a day teaching in very flat (not much arch support) shoes.  I'm not teaching now, but I am chasing a toddler. :)  I decided to keep looking around, and if I don't find something better I'll get the adorable, flat shoes. :)  It was home for dinner after that.  We got Asa in bed, I gave AR a bath, and then we had chocolate chip cookies for dessert.  It was another little "dairy challenge."  AR seems fine so far, but my body is not happy with me for having dairy. %-)

Sunday:  We went to the first hour at church--AR did great and was awake for a little while then napped on my lap.  Asa is having a rough transition to the 2s and 3s hallway, but he was thrilled when we came to get him and didn't look like he'd been crying.  So the wailing the ensued when we dropped him off must not have continued the whole time.  I *hate* that he's having a hard time with the change.  After church we had lunch and naptime.  Daddy, Anna Reaghan, and Asa all napped while I SEWED!!  Hip hip hooray!  I did some detail steps on a Scripture bunny and then I played around with my freehand quilting foot on Asa's birthday dog quilt.  It's a lot harder than it looks, especially keeping your stitch lengths the same!  But I've had fun putting freehand crazy quilted backgrounds on each square of his blanket like bones, grass, hearts, and squiggles. :)  After everyone woke up, we headed to 2 mattress stores.  I think we might try one more this week or next weekend before we make our final decision.  We had a tasty dinner I had in the crock pot all afternoon, followed by bedtime for Asa.  The evening was low key, and AR had a good night overall (once she got to sleep for the night, she only woke to eat at 4:30!).

Fun facts:
  • On Saturday Asa was eating "letter of the day" cookies and (on his own) started telling us which letter was on each cookie... correctly!  Way to go, Asa!
  • On Sunday Anna Reaghan laughed for the first time! Asa was laughing at her, I was laughing at him laughing at her, and then she let out her first laugh(s)--she actually laughed 3 times!  It was ADORABLE!  I can't wait to hear more of her laughter. :)
  • I thought Asa was going through another leap in language development over the past week or week and a half.  I was right!  We have very little third person left--instead of "Asa do thus and so," he has switched to, "I do thus and so" or "I'm okay."  Yea, pronouns!  He also busted out a 6 word sentence this morning!  We still have plenty of shorter phrases, but I have a feeling their days are numbered!  I love hearing what he's thinking! :)

No comments: