We had a fun Father's Day weekend complete with a cross-country business trip for Matt and a baby who's still cooking nice and safe inside me. ;)
Friday: Matt caught an early flight to San Diego. I think he arrived in California around 9:30 CA time, met up with some colleagues, attended the lab he was in California for, and then started his trip back to Ohio around 10:50 Friday night. He was barely in California 12 hours before he flew back again. So not only did he take the red-eye home (thank you again, honey!), but it was a super whirlwind trip. I appreciated so much that he was willing to turn around and come right back so we could all have peace of mind about him hopefully being here in Ohio and not across the country if I went into labor. Praise the Lord, I did not! But it was so nice to know he wouldn't be gone long. Even though I know activity does not have bearing on your water breaking, etc., I had the urge to just sit on the couch and not give Anna Reaghan any ideas throughout the day! Asa and I did make a small little outing, but overall we just chilled at home. Friday night the weather was beautiful, so I changed him into an extra cute (or "coot" as Asa would say) outfit and headed out back with him to take pictures of our almost two year old. I got some really fun shots; I just can't believe how big he is! SNIFF, SNIFF!!
Saturday: Asa and I got up and had breakfast, and Matt arrived home shortly after 10 AM. We played for about an hour (Asa was soooo happy his daddy was home! He did not understand why Daddy didn't come home for dinner Friday night), and then Asa and Matt both took naps. :) I played around with some fabric pairings, making decisions for a simple quilt I'm hoping to work on for Asa's birthday. I figure since I have it all planned now (it's small, just 9 squares (3x3)), Anna Reaghan will be sure to come in and keep me from getting it done! :) But I thought the same thing with Asa, and Mom & I still managed to make the mock-up for our baptism gown, the real baptism gown, and the slip that goes underneath it. So maybe AR will let me finish the quilt after all. :) It's puppy themed, and I am really excited about it! There are some cuuuuuute dog fabrics out there. ;) After my boys got some rest, we went to look at grills for Matt and narrowed it down to 2-3 to compare reviews for. After that, we stopped by home for some sunscreen, water, and snacks and headed to our township's annual festival. Everything was pretty much beyond Asa, but he enjoyed looking at all the lights and listening to the sounds (there was a live band playing "migic" (music)). His favorite ride to watch was one shaped like a school bus. :) And we did pay for him to play "lucky ducks." He was really excited about choosing a duck from the big water bucket (we heard a lot about "quack quacks" and "wawer" Saturday and Sunday). The game was set up so every duck was a winner and you chose whichever prize you wanted and paid according to its "level." As our frugal-minded son would have it ;), he picked a "small" prize (the cheapest) of a little plastic motorcycle (but he thinks it's a bike). He realllllly wanted to take more ducks out of the water, too. hehe Matt and I tried some fried Oreos (random, but we had to try SOMEthing new) and then we headed to try a little Mexican place nearby. It was kind of a Moe's wannnabe, but even though it was okay it fell far short. Once we arrived home, Asa had a bath and went straight to bed--even sleeping through the festival fireworks we could see and hear from our house (yea!).
Sunday: We attended Sunday school and church in the morning, followed by lunch back at the house. As it was Father's Day, Matt picked his lunch and dinner for the day. :) After lunch, Asa napped and OH how he napped! He slept more than 2 hours! That really is unheard of for him--yea!!! :) When he woke up, we went to try to purchase Matt's grill. We actually did purchase it, the employees were just dragging their feet about getting one down from the shelves for us, so we said we'd come back to get it later. Matt decided he wanted to make waffles for dinner (he's eaten out so much with the trip to Cali that he just wanted home comfort food), so we had yummy Daddy-made waffles with whipped cream, real maple syrup, and fresh strawberries. YUM! Good choice, honey! Then Matt opened his Father's Day gifts, we talked to our fathers on the phone, and we played in the basement before Asa's bedtime. We have a little tunnel/ball pit in the basement, and Asa and Matt are HILARIOUS playing it together. Matt thinks of the funnest things to do with Asa and the ball pit, and Asa now anticipates that Daddy will think of some fun game. Tonight's was a tame version of some type of dodge ball that basically involved retrieving balls from the pit and throwing them at each other. Asa can throw overhand, but his aim is a bit lacking at this point. ;) Even if he got nowhere really near to Matt (which was most of the time), he would CRACK UP that he threw a ball in Daddy's general direction. He was having SO.MUCH.FUN. He would say, "More balls!" and run to the tunnel, crawl through it to the ball pit, gather and crawl back out with ONE ball, run and throw it "at" Matt, then repeat the entire process.... even though the basement floor was getting covered in balls that were readily accessible. When Asa started tiring out from that craziness, Matt and I moved a few things around in the basement to make room for one of Asa's birthday presents. After Asa saw us moving a few things, he started grabbing everything he could push/pull around and moving them around the basement too. I guess we were all playing "moving man." :) Matt did an AWESOME job of wearing Asa out with their ballgame, because Asa was snuggling with me while I sang to him, and then he lifted his sleepy head up with eyes half-closed and said, "Mama, seep?" (Mama, sleep?). I told him yes, that he could go to sleep in bed, and as soon as he was on the mattress he rolled to his tummy, clutched Mr. Owl to his side, and was ready to go to sleep. :) Sweet, SWEET boy! :) Matt picked to have some ice cream for dessert, and we just relaxed until bedtime.
This week feels pretty busy after today is over. On Tuesday we have our weekly check up with my doctor for Anna Reaghan. These weekly checks always seem kind of silly to me when I have NO labor signs, but I understand they always want to keep a close eye on things like blood pressure, especially at the very end of pregnancy. I expect it to be a rather in-and-out appointment. On Wednesday we have our ultrasound (!!!) to see what Anna Reaghan is up to and how she's growing. Thursday is Asa's SECOND birthday (ahhhh!), and Friday is his 2 year well visit (love that we haven't seen the doctor since his 18 month well visit! In fact, other than getting to the bottom of his weight gain issues around 7-8 months and one appt. when we first moved here and Asa sounded croupy, we have only ever had well visits! Praise the Lord!). We are hoping to have a little birthday party for Asa on Saturday. We've held off on invites knowing that his birthday is so close to AR's due date, but we are hoping to ask a few people today and see if they could come over for a small celebration Saturday morning.
That sums us up! We'll keep you posted on any Anna Reaghan happenings, but I'm still hoping they aren't until July. ;) THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who prayed Anna Reaghan would not come while Matt was out of town. We are so very thankful she stayed very much in place. :) And we'll be sure to share whatever we find out about her during our ultrasound on Wednesday. :)
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment