I created the scrapbook using Creative Memories' Storybook Creator Plus software. It was an incredibly generous gift from a student and his aunt before Asa was born. I cannot tell you how much I love this software. I learn new capabilities it possess all.the.time. It's completely customizable. I find it very user friendly. And on top of being FABULOUS software, I don't have to drag out tubs and tubs of scrapbooking materials... much less worry about Asa getting into those materials or cleaning them up right away so he won't. Everything is stored safely and neatly on my computer... which also means I can scrapbook anywhere I can take my laptop. I have made seeeveral layouts on road trips while Asa played or napped in the back and Matt drove. It's GREAT!
After I finished all the layouts on the computer, I uploaded them to a site (you can use Creative Memories, but at this particular time I had a coupon and credit on another site, Picaboo) and had a hardback book printed. It arrived this week, and Matt and I sat down and oooohed and ahhhhhed over every page. :) I am so thankful to have this keepsake! I *have* started on Asa's second year, although I don't know how much I'll complete before AR arrives. I think his 2nd year might go a little faster without all the "first" pages, you know "first bath," "first smile," etc. We'll see if his 2nd year takes me a whole year to complete as well... and it's okay if it does! :)
I'm starting with pages that seem rather appropriate for where we are in life right now....
This is a layout of the night we checked into the hospital to begin Asa's induction (you can click on any layout to see it enlarged)
The big day!
It really is hard to believe Asa was ever this small... and that we'll have another teeny tiny baby in our arms in less than a month!







No comments:
Post a Comment