Friday: On Friday we had a check-up for Anna Reaghan (and me). Everything is still going fine! Our doctor thinks Anna Reaghan is head down, which is good news. :) We just need her to stay that way for the next few weeks! ;) We have another appt. in 3 weeks, then we cut to 2 weeks later, then we'll be at every week. How in the world did we get this far already?!? I never felt like Asa's pregnancy dragged on, even during the 2 weeks we went past his due date. But I also heard each subsequent pregnancy feels faster, and that has certainly proven true this time around! Matt picked up some yummy Panera for dinner Friday night, and then later he got our weekly ice cream treat for dessert. It was a tasty way to start our weekend. :)
Saturday: Matt got up with Asa so I could relax in bed for Mother's Day weekend. :) Then he and Asa made waffles for breakfast--yum again! We played around the house until nap time, and then Matt went to run some errands while I sewed and played around at home. After Asa woke up, we had lunch (I ate the leftovers of my Panera) and then went out together to run some errands. Then it was back home to try to get Asa an afternoon nap before too long. While Asa napped in the afternoon, Matt joined some other guys from our Sunday school class for a board game get together. He learned 2 new games, Dominion and Agricola, that he is SUPER excited about. I'm glad he had a good time and is continuing to get to know people. :) Meanwhile Asa and I had dinner, I bathed him, and then I got him into bed to get good sleep before Mother's Day. ;)
Sunday: We went to church after having some left-over pancakes (that I made with Asa Friday morning) for breakfast. Asa did not cry when we dropped him off in the nursery (yea! He hadn't cried in months and months and months, and then he didn't go for a few weeks because he had a cold and we were out of town and had a hard time going back again)! We ate lunch at a little local burger place (kind of like Backyard Burgers), and then we came home for Asa's naptime. It was rather short-lived considering that it would be his only nap of the day, but at least he rested enough to get by. Matt ran out while Asa was asleep, and I sewed and relaxed. We each got to talk to our moms and wish them a very happy Mother's Day--we are BLESSED!!! After Asa woke up we took a family walk through the neighborhood--hooooooray for sunshine!! Then Matt grilled chicken (my request) and we also had baked potatoes and fresh strawberries. Asa (with some help from Matt) made me an awesome Mother's Day card--I love it!!
Matt also brought me a bouquet of tulips,and my boys gave me the ruffler foot I wanted for my sewing machine. I mean, we ARE expecting a baby girl. Ruffles just might need to become a regular thing around here now. ;) I also got to open some cards and sweet gifts from my parents. For dessert we made some ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies and ate them while we finished watching season 5 of Dr. Quinn. It was nice to unwind and just hang out together.
Now we're at the start of a new week! I'm 32 weeks officially today. That really does seem unbelievable. We've had another sunshiney day, so Asa and I took a walk this afternoon. I'm so glad we've been able to get outside--he looooooooves it. :)
We hope you had a happy Mother's Day and enjoyed your weekend. Have a blessed week!




No comments:
Post a Comment