I made bloomers and 2 hairbows to match the dress I sewed earlier. One hair clip is a polka dot bow and the other is ribbon shaped into a strawberry.
Matt hung Anna Reaghan's name letters above the crib
The flash kind of washed out the E and H in Reaghan, but I promise it's adorable in person! :)
2. I also received a call this morning that our new couch is in and ready for delivery! As you might recall, when we ordered a new comfy reading chair for Asa's room, we browsed for a couch or love seat for the basement as well. We found one we both liked, but it was on back-order. It's in even earlier than they thought it would be! The salesman said he though it would be mid-June before we'd get it. Woo hoo! Now we just need to decide if we want to hurry and get carpet ordered this weekend before we have the couch delivered (we have carpet picked out, we just need to purchase it). Decisions, decisions. :) I, for one, am very thankful we'll have a nice place to sit in the basement very, very soon. Getting up and down is an increasingly cumbersome task as the weeks fly by. ;)
3. Earlier this week I saw a listing on Craigslist for a now-discontinued Fisher-Price washer/dryer/laundry station. My parents have one that all the grandkids love to play with. The seller was asking only $5 and she lived less than 10 miles away! I was so excited to receive an email reply that it was ours for the taking! Asa is loving opening the washer compartment, putting things in the dryer compartment, and carrying the "in-ron" all around the living room. I also think it's amusing and cute that whenever he puts something into the washer, he tells me he's "washing diapies." Yup, we have a cloth diapered kiddo over here, all right. ;) You see, our actual washing machine has a transparent window on top (it's an HE top loader), and he loooooves to sit on top of the washer while it fills and when it starts agitating. He knows we wash his diapers about every other (sometimes every 3) days, so that's what gets washed most frequently and what he ASKS if we can wash several times/week. :) The things he'd never know or say if we didn't use cloth! hehe
4. Asa got some new shoes in the mail yesterday. They are a brand that includes an optional squeaker. I kind of feel like we're probably past the age of that being adorable out and about (the squeaker is supposed to encourage heel-to-toe walking as it's in the heel of the shoe), but he was HILARIOUS running around the house in them. We had a pair back around Christmas that had squeakers, and he liked them but I'm not sure he tooooootally made the connection that he was in control of the squeak. Does he EVER "get" it now! He immediately starting bouncing up and down to make them squeak. He'd start to walk and then run really fast to make them squeak more quickly. I was cracking up and Mom could hear him squeaking all over the downstairs when we chatted on the phone. The ones I ordered are for a few sizes from now, but I am certain he'll be thrilled when they come back out of the closet to wear all the time. He couldn't stop grinning and giggling, and neither could I. :)
5. We are sooo excited for a long weekend! I can't say we have any big plans, but just knowing we have 3 days with Matt sounds WONDERFUL! Tonight we're actually helping set up a fund-raising garage sale for a family at church. The husband/father sustained a traumatic brain injury in a car accident about a year ago (visit supportjeff.com), and the garage sale is to help support the family. It's part of a larger, huge neighborhood garage sale that I hope we can peruse tomorrow morning (it's over near the townhouse we rented). Then Saturday afternoon Matt's helping finish and clean up the garage sale. Sunday we'll have church. Monday Matt has off. The only thing I know for sure is that he'll be grilling us burgers :), and Asa and I will both LOVE having him home an extra day. :)
We hope YOU enjoy time with family this weekend and the sweet freedom that has been won for us... not only here in America, but in Christ!




No comments:
Post a Comment